All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, ive just recently turnt 17 (august 27th) and i wanted my car ready to drive for my bday, so a friend of my uncles knew a guy who needed money and had a corsa for sale.. it was is a very bad way, but hey an x reg for 150. who can complain, i looked at the work that needed to be done.. and it looked like it would take forever.. to be honest, i almost regretted doing it, but its all come together now nicely i think. so heres my project.. sorry it wasnt up sooner, just been very busy..
I havnt got all the pics as ive lost some durin doing the project but ill explain as it goes threw. all coments welcome.. and any hints or tips.. lemme know ;)

Okay, this is how the car was originally when i bought her..

Not in the best of ways, but still,.. an xreg black 1.2 16v sxi. My hopes were set on gettin this car sorted out,

As we come to look over the car in more depth, the interior was ruin'd, (it came from a maxpower mad guy stickers everywhere!!) there was a crack in the chassy, and to top it all off the wireing looms were all burnt out. and.. the front end was ina state! so.. first things first.. cars back to a shell, on the jacks, and empied. this is where i dont have the pics.. but i took all the wings off, welded the chassy, and re-wired the whole car, then first things first, off to the mot garag, and hey! she passed.. so back to the jacks she goes, next thing, everything off th car again, i found a guy on this forum called sxibeast, (thanks alot man) whom i bought my gsi interior from and electric windows, so i fitted that and began to mess about with the dash in the car.. in the end.. looked like this.

Hey, its not the best but.. its coming along.. further on from that, i decided.. i didnt want the car to look tatty from the outside and mint on the inside, so i decided to try and find somewhere that there was a black corsa breaking... finally, i found someone.. and i got, new bumper, bonnet, 2 wings, splitter and grill for 200. all in mint condition.. so i fitted these and also some dtm mirrors.. and then took her off the jax's heres the progress... not the best but still its progress...

anyways, next i knew i needed alloys, because those 13" steel rims, well they didnt dot he car any justice?
so im looking about, and ebay.. ahh a nice set of 15" wolfrace alloys, 180 only down the road in mk, so i went to have a look, no heavy kurbing.. so i though yeh, ill have them for now.. (4 brand new tyers!) also added my smoked side repeaters :p

here she is...

Okay i admit, not the best wheels in the world.. but better that steels. :p and hey its only a learner car so no doubt they will see alot of kurbs.

next, i got some smoked rear lights.. mind the white patch, its got to be compounded.. the guy super glued a max power badge on it, and then ripped it off !

after this we hit a big problem.. or what we thought was.. the engine management light was on? maybe we didnt notice it at the start.. but i was worried.. money money money.. so instead of changing this and playin with that, we bought a diagnostic's tester, and luckily all it was, was an airflow sensor had been put back on the wrong way.. despite the arrows :| :p

right, no the extior was pretty much done.. for now.. she looks like this...

now, back to the electrics.. i was looking about for alarms, and thought hey thats a nice one, a full closure alarm.. (closes the windows when you lock the car) so on that went, and then finally finished off the interior.. this is what the insides like..

okay and from there she sat until 2 weeks before my bday, and my mum and dad go on holiday, and my bro said.. hey, you need some new headlights, so i thought yeh.. something big, make the car a lil diffrent to standard.. while chosing lights, me and my bro colour coded it.. and this is how the car stands now... with the headlights too.. :D!

so as you can see.. a big change from how i got her, all comments and sugestions welcome. thanks..

-Anthony

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get a badgeless grill and it'll look lovely mate.. very nice car, very nice project :thumbs_up:
thanks, yeh been looking into the irmicher grills ;) hopefully wont be too long until i get one anywho :p

-anthony

p.s passed my theory test on wednesday, so roll on drivng!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeh >.<

well i got 2 x 12" subwoofers at 1200 watts each, looking for a proper bootbuild, kenwood headunit, mp3 blh blh, fly components in doors, and 800watt 6x9s on the shelf.. nice.. but could be alot better, ALSO.. a pink neon as my boot light :p pimped eh? >.<

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yurrp, ive got 2 amps, one at like 4000 watts from ebay, thought it would be pants but turns out to be okay, and then a small "toxic" for my 6x9s just makes em a lil more krisp! and cheers steve, i will be getting the grill :p

·
Registered
33 Posts
lot of effort, looks coolio :thumbs_up:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts