All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, thought I better get a build thread up. I'm doing this from my mobile so please bare with me!

So, at the end of July last year I picked up this little beauty:

After bringing it home there was a bit of a meet happening down Southend so I thought is head on down to show off the new motor. On my way home I thought I'd have a bit if an aggressive pull away and was rewarded with the stench of burning clutch and no real progress. Bugger. Poodled home at a steady 50mph as anything over the clutch would slip which wasn't ideal.

The worst part of the clutch going was that USC was the following weekend and I needed the car back on the road. Managed to book it into a place and got the clutch replaced with an Exedy clutch for £275 so pretty happy, roll on USC!

The weather was pretty nice so decided to have a go down the strip as a bit of a benchmark. Managed to run a 15.3 @ 92 mph which I was pretty happy with! A quick picture of Brad and I on the strip:

So a good weekend had! However on the last run the exhaust was suddenly louder, hmm bit weird! Drove all the way home absolutely burning through fuel and getting more and more of a headache. Turns out the bolts holding the down pipe to my decat had sheared so the two weren't even closely connected! Needless to say spring loaded bolts were ordered the next day.

Roll on to the next weekend and my 3rd week of ownership! Nothing else can go wrong surely... Well after popping down to Southend for a friend's birthday, my clutch pedal got stuck to the floor while parking, very odd! Hopped out and found myself standing in a puddle of hydraulic fluid, clutch slave cylinder decided to kill itself.

Following that after finally fixing all the problems I decided that the spoiler really had to go, didn't suit the style I was going for at all!

Once the spoiler was gone I decided some new shoes were needed so picked myself up a nice set of 16" Rota Slips in matt gold wrapped in brand new Toyo Proxes T1Rs.

Now the car sat like this for a while, was happy for the minute and had holidays and stuff to pay for so nothing really changed.

In February this year I went for a track day at Snetterton which was a lot of fun and was happy with how the car performed.

A few random shots:

So I got a bit bored and decided t was time to start the serious mods! Managed to find myself a set of Apexi N1 coilovers imported from Japan, which soon put it on its arse!

After that came some nice dished Lenso BSX wheels:

At the 'Fast' Show:

How the beast sits currently:

Yesterday I turned my attention to the exhaust system and bought myself a Tanabe 4-2-1 manifold and a Buddyclub Spec 2 cat-back.

Next on the cards is a respray & remap by either TDI South or Endless Horizon.

All comments and suggestions welcome :)

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Really like this car!

Reactions: James_Nelly

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks really nice and i liked the spoiler but i agree it doesnt go with the other mods you have done, cant wait to hear the buddy club
Cheers mate, it's going to be LOUD!
Same, this is my favourite shape and era of civic and it's looking pretty sweet. Be interested to see what power it makes with the exhaust and remap
Thanks Tam! I'm hoping for 185/190ish but we'll see. Still got cams, inlet and throttle body that I can play with for more power :)

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Cheers mate, it's going to be LOUD!

Thanks Tam! I'm hoping for 185/190ish but we'll see. Still got cams, inlet and throttle body that I can play with for more power :)
yeah it will i know a lad near me who has a integra with buddy club system and its ridiculously loud lol (i know its not a civic but still lol)

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Very nice car. Pretty rare aswell. I couldnt find one for sale when i looked. I kinda liked the fast and furious spoiler

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice car. Pretty rare aswell. I couldnt find one for sale when i looked. I kinda liked the fast and furious spoiler
Thanks man, I've only ever seen one other for sale. Considering a new spoiler though.
Looks like nice I thought the spoiler suited it.
Cheers man, wasn't a fan personally

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Have to get a video of the buddy club ive been looking at the spec 2 for the mx but dont want to incase its way to loid

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
What's the bodywork like rust wise? I had a couple of pals who used to have 3dr versions of these and they were rotten. Looks lovely by the way.

Reactions: James_Nelly

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What's the bodywork like rust wise? I had a couple of pals who used to have 3dr versions of these and they were rotten. Looks lovely by the way.
It's pretty sound, only real problem is round the rear arches it's a bit sketchy.

Glad you like it Lee, thanks :)

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Also preferred with spoiler

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Woo project thread :)

Looks great, i like your progression through wheels, better every time! i've always liked older civics like this, if i was ever going to go back to a fwd fast hot hatch it would probably be one of these with some moosive engine in, K20 turbo or something.

Nice work James :thumbs_up:

1 - 20 of 121 Posts