All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:I have posted this post on this thread due to the fact that my car is telling me that it is an electrical problem! Hope this is the right thread!

I have a 1.0 Corsa b and I am currently having a problem with the way it runs when the engine gets warmed up.

My Corsa B only has 49000 miles and is in really good condition but when I get it warmed up the engine begins to create a flat spot as I drive and there is one when its cold but is not as bad.

When I put my foot to the floor the car sounds like the engine is going to die out and then suddenly picks up Revs!

Please someone help me? Shame to put this car down if we can't fix it!

Recently changed all the sensors on the car changed even the knock sensor, going to have a look at the fuel injectors next, please please help!:mad:

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
:mad:I have posted this post on this thread due to the fact that my car is telling me that it is an electrical problem! Hope this is the right thread!

I have a 1.0 Corsa b and I am currently having a problem with the way it runs when the engine gets warmed up.

My Corsa B only has 49000 miles and is in really good condition but when I get it warmed up the engine begins to create a flat spot as I drive and there is one when its cold but is not as bad.

When I put my foot to the floor the car sounds like the engine is going to die out and then suddenly picks up Revs!

Recently changed all the sensors on the car changed even the knock sensor, going to have a look at the fuel injectors next, please please help!:mad:
This part of the forum is usually for electrical problems, but if your engine is running poor then it should be in the mechanical section for help and advise.

When you say your car is telling you it's an electrical problem, what do you mean by that?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I am quite new I will post it on there, I have been told that the orange light on my dash is to do with an electrical fault, It looks like an engine shape with a thunderbolt in the middle of it, Though I'm not sure it is a thunderbolt, something simular.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh, That's the one, forgot the name, we plugged it into my friends kit, both handheld and his laptop but the car didn't seem to pick up, what could that be? Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Disconnect the battery or ECU for 5 - 10 minutes then try. Dont ask me why but I had to do that with mine

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh we have tried this, but I don't suppose moving the whole unit out would do anything more, we took the two front plugs out?

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Disconnecting the battery overnight will sometimes clear the fault codes on certain models.
I don't think this can be done with the 1 litre models, but wait for someone else to confirm.

If you do get the codes cleared and they return, you'll need to get someone to read them to find out what's wrong. Airflow sensors are common issues on these, especially if running in limp mode.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will disconnect it over tonight and then put once again another MAF sensor on encase mine is faulty once I see if this has worked. but are they really that common to go? My car is constantly in "limp mode", so I think, as Engine Management light is constantly on when I can not drive the car as pulling out of a junction will be annoying and also I will probably die.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the one on the moment is Bosch, I also have another corsa in my yard which is working fine but recently the radiator went so I will see if I can get the sensor from his car and hopefully fix the fault!

·
Registered
894 Posts

Sounds like what happened to mine, had the mechanic look at it after weeks of guessing what could be wrong with it, ran diags on it and pulled up an injector prob and engine temp sensor, replaced both the parts for those so that it didn't throw up the errors anymore and runs absolutely perfect now. Mines on about 40k miles so could be the same issue, cost me about £75 with labour charges to fix

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will give that a try, I already have every single sensor for the car, so parts is not really a problem and I also have fair bit of mechanic experience but I don't suppose you could show me where abouts the engine temp sensor is? And could this possible change how the emissions are too? Thankyou

·
Registered
894 Posts
I will give that a try, I already have every single sensor for the car, so parts is not really a problem and I also have fair bit of mechanic experience but I don't suppose you could show me where abouts the engine temp sensor is? And could this possible change how the emissions are too? Thankyou
Would if I could bud but I have no idea lol, more of an audio person, don't know much about engines!

·
Registered
43 Posts
i had a similar problem with my old car, it wanted to die even on full throttle, then got the juice back and carried on for a while, a Lambda sensor seemed to be my problem, or lack of lambda sensor if im honest :p

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
what is this? lets guess random parts? worst idea ever.

get it read with tech 2 properly. the aftermarket scanners wont read the 1.0's.

then fix what it shows is wrong.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts