All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have got two 12inch 1200 watt 4 ohm sub woofers (pyle) and a 4 ohm 5000 watt 6 channel amplifier (auna multimedia) and two 100w RMS 300w PEAK three-way 6x9s (JBL). can any one tell me how to wire it all up. i do know how to wire the amp to the battery and earth and remote but strugling on the rest. any help appreciated, diagram if possible lol.

thanks lee.

·
Registered
167 Posts
are you wonting to run the 6x9s off the amp
pm me a pic of the amp were the connections are and ill show you how to wire up correctly

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Also, please be more descriptive in thread titles as per forum rules if you require help.

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
how many do i need m8 all hav a luk 2 moz
mind the text talk mate, its against the forum rules :thumbs_up:

its a JVC KD-G700 so a think its got 2
depends how your wiring your subs, but you'll need 2 pre-outs, a lot of headunits only have one, some have 2, even less have mroe than 2. Just googled it and i think i has 2 aswell, you should be ok. Ideally you need to run 2 sets of stereo phono cables, from those pre-outs on the headunit, to the phono input channels on the amp.

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
to elaborate, after having a quick peak at your pics there.

phonos from "rear out" on headunit into the phono sockets for CH3 & CH4. Leave channel 3/4 filter switch on "Full", adjust the gain of Ch3/4 whilst listening to music, this will be your level for the 6x9's.

phonos from "sub-out" on headunit into the phono sockets for CH1 & CH2. Change the filter switch to LPF (Low Pass Filter) for CH1/2. Listen to some bass heavy music, at a reasonable volume, adjust the gain to a level where you can clearly hear the sub kicking out, then adjust the LPF cut-off frequency so that the sub isnt trying to reproduce mid and high notes, cut it down so its only kicking on the low notes. Once thats done, go back to the gain for that channel and adjust it again, usually turn it up a bit, up to you.

All of that ^^ is assuming you have your 6x9's conected to the speaker outputs of the amp on channels 3 and 4 (looks like the 4 terminals along the bottom, cant see channel numbers in your pic as the pic angle is too high, lol). And also assumes you have the subs wired across channel 1 and 2.

I dont know if your amp has a bridged channel feature, which you'd usually have to do (meaning your sub would be connected across BOTH channel 1 and 2 at the same time, one lead on the + of channel 1 and one lead on the - of channel 2). It may bridge 1 and 2 when you turn the LPF on, it may not, i really dont know as i've not used the amp before, and ive not got its instruction manual here.

As you're running 2 subs, just wire them together into the same channels. Just make sure both + leads from the subs are together and both - leads are together, done get confused and put a - from one sub with a + from the other, will sound awful then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts