All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im kinda kicking myself because im not sure what i actually need. im getting new front and rear bumpers (original) in black plastic as i dont really like the colour coded bumpers..

the thing is, my car originally has this type of bumper

this type of bumper (image taken from ebay) is about £50 plus postage and thats a hell of a lot of money for me aged 16, i also have a problem that if i wanted to save money and pick these bumpers up i would have to get my parents to do so... :/

i then have this choice of bumper

im just not entirely sure as this bumper (image taken from ebay) is about £20 a hell more cheaper but it looks a bit odd compared to the first bumper.

i have one question, even tho my bumper i have on now is like the one at the top. will the second bumper i shown be able to fit on? most probably i will have to take off the original grill from my car off as the second bumper has a grill already on ( as i think it's attatched to the bumper ).

please someone help as dont want to waste some money and hopefully get the best i can get :)

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
The new ones on eBay are copies and don't fit properly. The difference between the two though is that the top one is the 1997-2000 bumper, and the bottom one is the 1993-1997 one. Both will fit any Corsa.

Best bet is to get second hand ones. They'll be cheaper and better quality.
If you currently have colour coded ones, you may be able to swap with someone in the forum as nearly everyone prefers the colour coded to black.

The other option if you want to save money is just go over them with some satin black paint. Will look rubbish unless you put time and effort into it though.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
terribly my car has some gouge marks on the bumper, was gunna go down to a scrap yard with my dad to see what i can find as the place near me is pretty good for corsa's.

ill see if i can go find myself a second hand one.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Definitely the better option. Like I said the ones youve found on eBay are copies and won't fit propery.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
hey guys, im kinda kicking myself because im not sure what i actually need. im getting new front and rear bumpers (original) in black plastic as i dont really like the colour coded bumpers..

the thing is, my car originally has this type of bumper

this type of bumper (image taken from ebay) is about £50 plus postage and thats a hell of a lot of money for me aged 16, i also have a problem that if i wanted to save money and pick these bumpers up i would have to get my parents to do so... :/

i then have this choice of bumper

im just not entirely sure as this bumper (image taken from ebay) is about £20 a hell more cheaper but it looks a bit odd compared to the first bumper.

i have one question, even tho my bumper i have on now is like the one at the top. will the second bumper i shown be able to fit on? most probably i will have to take off the original grill from my car off as the second bumper has a grill already on ( as i think it's attatched to the bumper ).

please someone help as dont want to waste some money and hopefully get the best i can get :)
wish you were nearer i've got the older style 1 and want the nerer 1 to fit mesh grill in ironically my car is late 1998 but has pre 1997 bumper:palm:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts