Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all i do have a project can be seen here

http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/95-corsa-breeze-30904.html?p=409824

what i need;;
i have just got myself a new speedo one with the rev counter and wondered if it will fit before i rip mine off,i rekon it wont but the person that gave me it said it will,,my car is a 95 on an 'm' corsa b,breeze 1.2,i read on a thread here that if it starts at 10mph its cable driven ,,my own 1 does start at 10mph and the new one starts at 0mph , so will this fit or not.

.also i want to fit a fuel cut off switch,,i am able to do this ok but have a few questions where is the fuel pump and what do you think is the best way of going about it,,,im guessing its under the back seat wheres the best place to cut wires and stuff ,,looking for suggestions or help

if i had a donor corsa with the electric windows and mirrors how hard would it be to fit the wires , motors and switches into mine i mean like connection these wires to the harness or the fuse box or what

have been looking at an alarm as my corsa isint really that secure,if i were to buy an alarm id want 1 that beeps or flashes when lock and unlock prefair beep and flash i know some of them are easy enough to fit but i have also fancyed remote central locking

could i have an aftermarket alarm and central locking device alltogether without spending a clear fortune and as i was talking about a donor car for the elctrics could the central locking be used from another corsa

sorry for the book any help or advise with be greatly apprieciated

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Dont think you will have much luck with the speedo mate.
As for taking parts from another corsa, this shouldnt be much problem mate as all corsa's should have the connections there in the loom already.
As for the central locking and the alarm, that depends on the model of the alarm.
Some alarms simply have a pin/wire that sends 12v down to the central locking relay usually located just under the steering column. Stick your head in the footwell and lock/unlock the drivers door. You should hear a 'click' each time you lock/unlock.
Go to town on it with a multimeter because depending on the relay model, you wont know what wire 'triggers' the relay.
Once you find it, you need to find the 'trigger' wire on the alarm. again, use a multimeter and set/unset the alarm. When this is done you can run the alarm to the central locking relay.

This is only a very rough guide but will no doubt difffer car to car, alarm to alarm. To be honest, i got a few bits to grab from the breakers yard on Saturday, and been waitin to add remote central locking to mine for a while. I'll grab a new alarm from there, and wire it up over the weekend.

I'll psot a tutorial up soon as its done.

Shame your up in Glasgow I could have met up with you and lent you a hand.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
This section isn't for help questions. Post in the right section pelase.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.