All Corsa Forum banner

need some help with interior LED lights

777 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Harry22GLA 
#1 ·
ok i have 2 small LED strips about 10'' long and both are conected to a box which has ,,sound / mode and on/off buttons..and they are powered by just 2 wires which are 12 volt......i have them working just now

i wanted to have 1 in each foot well under passenger side shelf and under drivers side.....and wired for when doors open

EVENTUALLY.....my problem

i thought it would be as simple just to wire them to the push pin on drivers side door i have wired them up and all works untill i screw the pin in, then just the main interior comes on..if i have LED's on and then connect main interior light the main interior light comes on but LED lights go off even if car is started ,,like the main lights taking the power,,,,,,well came in for a break and a heat because its takin the piss but please help or give ideas

#4 ·
The positive goes to a 12v source
The negative goes to the WIRE on the door pin, NOT to the door pin itself

Try connecting jus one LED light up in case your wii g them in wrong and report back

I will check on here tomorrow morning

#5 ·
ok i knew when i came in you had been in lol ,its dark and cold and i was getting that frustrated that i wasnt able to remember basics i dont know what i was at with myself so i ran a wire from the light itself and seems to be working fine for now ,now i think back i was prob trying the door pin to be live instead of negitive thats what i done wrong....both lights are wired together so could not seperate them,,,when i connected the live to the door pin and grounded it the lights came on but went off as there was a prob with circut lol ME

#6 ·
Are right yeah, the interior light is constantly live, and the door pins pull it to ground.

Where are you powering it from?

#7 ·
connected it to the both wires that supply interior light but will change to door pin when i get some better weather

#10 ·
just as a completely different idea. have you ever thought about running your own separate power supply from battery to somewhere accessible with a kinda junction box effect, so when you want to add lights/toys/ect you know where you can go to get live and negative, and all you would have to do is put a switch on (if you wanted it switched)

i always do this with any of my cars just to make things easier.
sorry if i wasnt very helpful :D

#12 ·
just as a completely different idea. have you ever thought about running your own separate power supply from battery to somewhere accessible with a kinda junction box effect, so when you want to add lights/toys/ect you know where you can go to get live and negative, and all you would have to do is put a switch on (if you wanted it switched)

i always do this with any of my cars just to make things easier.
sorry if i wasnt very helpful :D
yeah will keep that in mind cheers and danny prob just leave it then i got and fitted a new interior light today 2 bulbs in it think it came from a vectra but my LED's are looking good and bright

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.