All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
i would like to know how to remove my stock gear knob in my opel corsa b? Its old and torn and i would like to put in an aftermarket knob.

Any help given will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Apparently:

Turn it like a screw anticlockwise whilst pulling up. It need an awful lot of force to get it off.
Failing that take a hacksaw to it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Lol, I would not recommend grinding anything inside the car. I once had to grind something on my steering column, and it sprayed filings of metal onto my windscreen. They embedded themselves and became rusty over time, nothing I could do but put up with it.
A very good lesson learned.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
mine came off quite easily, as Lee said turn it anticlockwise, it sort of loosens it up, then carrying on twistin and pull it up, then it should come off, cursing may be neccesary to get it off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just as Clutch says. Mine was just the same, i just got someone very strong at work to give a good twist, once its been loosened it shouldnt be too hard to get off!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
LOL unless your a big strong man you better get a hacksaw out!

·
Registered
39 Posts
mine was a complete b*****d to get off, the gear knob was on this green thing that was then glued onto the gear stick stupid vauxhall

·
Registered
611 Posts
pull upwards as hard as you can for the obvious part of the knob... when you get to the coloured plastic bit... vice grips do the job nicely ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts