All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, here is my new car after breaking my saxo havent been on here in a while but thought i would post a few pics and some of my ideas comments welcome.

my plans so far are,

lower on 40mm springs all round
possibly change wheels for some other black ones
black bonnet and roof (only a maybe)
de-cat
then just few engine mods.

By vtsedi

any thoughts on it or is it anyones of here lol.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Agree with dannyboy17 tbh just get a good cat back system like piper, scorpion or similar, or custom made one.

Not worth the hassle I and others have had tbh. Nice model to start with :) would be worth getting black angel eyes for the front or a set of Morettes that are for sale on eBay at the minute (they will fetch good money but are worth it in my opinion) would set the front off and would also match your side repeaters and rear lights.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3371040776

Look forward to your progress mate. Oh and eibach springs and bilstein shocks are a very good suspension upgrade, other wise you will be changing drop links every 6 months :palm:

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agree with dannyboy17 tbh just get a good cat back system like piper, scorpion or similar, or custom made one.

Not worth the hassle I and others have had tbh. Nice model to start with :) would be worth getting black angel eyes for the front or a set of Morettes that are for sale on eBay at the minute (they will fetch good money but are worth it in my opinion) would set the front off and would also match your side repeaters and rear lights.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3371040776

Look forward to your progress mate. Oh and eibach springs and bilstein shocks are a very good suspension upgrade, other wise you will be changing drop links every 6 months :palm:
yeah i wouldnt mind a nice set of headlights, thanks on the suspension advice and not sure on the back box it has on but its a oval shape and i had the centre box taken out so sounds alright i think a decat would set it off though also heard they are good for throttle response? its the 1.8 engine and it kind of lags up to 4k :/

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
yeah i wouldnt mind a nice set of headlights, thanks on the suspension advice and not sure on the back box it has on but its a oval shape and i had the centre box taken out so sounds alright i think a decat would set it off though also heard they are good for throttle response? its the 1.8 engine and it kind of lags up to 4k :/
It is up to you at the end of the day mate :)

Has it had a good service recently? Worth de restricting airbox and get panel filter sorted if it hasn't been done already :D

As for the work that has been done on the exhaust if it's still using the standard system you won't really notice much difference in performance.

Straight through stainless and good backbox will help trust me :)

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is up to you at the end of the day mate :)

Has it had a good service recently? Worth de restricting airbox and get panel filter sorted if it hasn't been done already :D

As for the work that has been done on the exhaust if it's still using the standard system you won't really notice much difference in performance.

Straight through stainless and good backbox will help trust me :)
not sure about the service, airbox is a after market non panel filter and the exhaust has a cat, no middle box and a aftermarket back box unsure of brand.

i want it to sound good and have some power when i put my foot down it seems to lag :/ just seems to rev and then go and if i put my foot down hard it just spins :( was thinking of getting head ported and stuff but unsure of if it would be worth it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Massive improvement over the Saxo, welcome back over to the good side.

Reactions: CorsaEdi

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
not sure about the service, airbox is a after market non panel filter and the exhaust has a cat, no middle box and a aftermarket back box unsure of brand.

i want it to sound good and have some power when i put my foot down it seems to lag :/ just seems to rev and then go and if i put my foot down hard it just spins :( was thinking of getting head ported and stuff but unsure of if it would be worth it.
Standard centre section even with box removed will not give you a good enough pull in power. Would get stainless straight through, then get some good spark plugs I use Iridium denso which work very well.

You say "airbox is a after market non panel filter" do you mean cone filter?

Give it a good service as your not sure on that. Once the above is done see how it behaves :)

A ported head is worth it but would cam it too the get the ecu flashed / mapped and rolling road-ed for a good set up.

Another one for Flat spot:

Clean MAF

:)

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Standard centre section even with box removed will not give you a good enough pull in power. Would get stainless straight through, then get some good spark plugs I use Iridium denso which work very well.

You say "airbox is a after market non panel filter" do you mean cone filter?

Give it a good service as your not sure on that. Once the above is done see how it behaves :)

A ported head is worth it but would cam it too the get the ecu flashed / mapped and rolling road-ed for a good set up.

Another one for Flat spot:

Clean MAF

:)
i shall be servicing it soon when i can get chance, the filter is like this

cams are in mind but are a bit expensive, where would i find the maf?

where is a good place to get iridium plugs from aswell cheers.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
The maf/afm is the plastic bit that your cone is connected to.

How do you mean someone has already crashed into you?

Personally I really don't like those wheels! What are they Dezents motions?

I'd get arch and bumper tops in black and get some standard SRi wheels on it to.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The maf/afm is the plastic bit that your cone is connected to.

How do you mean someone has already crashed into you?

Personally I really don't like those wheels! What are they Dezents motions?

I'd get arch and bumper tops in black and get some standard SRi wheels on it to.
was driving along and some bloke pulled out and into side/back of me, scratched mine he admitted full liability and car is getting sorted next week, also i like the wheels but after something different though dont want sris though too boring.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts