All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Well yesterday I bought a 2000 Corsa B CDX, only 27K on the clock, so mechanical sound by the looks of it. A few minor things that hopefully I can resolve

It didn't come with the owners manual, and I can't find a download, so please can someone explain the locks & alarm. Is the a combination of turns to ensure alarm is enable/disabled? A anti clockwise turn locks the car and key can be removed in the 9/3 O'clock position. Turning it back to 12/6 doesn't unlock, that needs a further turn - is this normal?

Also, the boot lock is broke. I turn it, nothing happens, turn a bit harder and I hear the noise I associate with the manual turning of a motor and it will unlock. It doesn't lock/unlock with the doors Is this simply a electrical issue.

Many thanks for any replies - I'm quite exited owning an older car that is MINE (as opposed to a family car) again. My first car was a lovely Chevette which I still miss.

Cheers

Eserim

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi Eserim i have an old Corsa C, 2000 vintage but i think the principal is the same, first of all you have a chipped ignition key, the chip is in the front part of the key, the rear part of the key has 1 or 2 disc batteries in, the purpose of those batteries is to work the central door locking and i think the immobilizer, now without the proper chipped key the car wont start, say for instance you had a plain metal key cut at your local key cutter, it would go in the ignition but wouldnt start the car...

Anyway i belive to UNLOCK the car you press the open button on the key once, that opens the drivers door and uts the interior light on, if you press it again so you have pressed it twice, it opens all the other doors, the boot and the petrol flap, now when you lock it you press it once and it lockes the whole car up, i belive if you press it again it arms the immobilizer...and to disarm it just open the doors with the key buttons...

Regarding turning the key in the lock, it sounds like its working properly, i think you turn it left and it opens either the drivers door or all the doors and boot etc, when you turn it to the 9-0 clock position i believe it dis arms the immobilizer, i think when its armed and disarmed the flashers flash a few times...when you turn it clock wise i think it locks all the doors ten at 90 degrees, 3=0 o clock, it arms the immobilizer, i think thats how it works...i think there is something funny about the tail gate lock, if its not in the right place the central door locking wont work properly on it, i would try it in different places and work the central locking see what happens..good luck from Fred in Essex.

Hi
Well yesterday I bought a 2000 Corsa B CDX, only 27K on the clock, so mechanical sound by the looks of it. A few minor things that hopefully I can resolve

It didn't come with the owners manual, and I can't find a download, so please can someone explain the locks & alarm. Is the a combination of turns to ensure alarm is enable/disabled? A anti clockwise turn locks the car and key can be removed in the 9/3 O'clock position. Turning it back to 12/6 doesn't unlock, that needs a further turn - is this normal?

Also, the boot lock is broke. I turn it, nothing happens, turn a bit harder and I hear the noise I associate with the manual turning of a motor and it will unlock. It doesn't lock/unlock with the doors Is this simply a electrical issue.

Many thanks for any replies - I'm quite exited owning an older car that is MINE (as opposed to a family car) again. My first car was a lovely Chevette which I still miss.

Cheers

Eserim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.