The new Corsa produces a blistering 200bhp - 250bhp

:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
390 Posts
The new Corsa produces a blistering 200bhp - 250bhp

:D:D:D:D:D:D
not from a 1.6 turbo it wont.

if its going to be a 1.6 turbo, it will be the Z16LEH engine as found in the meriva vxr, which produces 177bhp. (this is most likely)

if its going to be a 2.0 turbo using an existing engine, it will be the Z20LET, which produces 197bhp as standard. (highly doubt this will happen)

and if its going to be a 2.0 turbo producing anywhere near 250bhp, it will have to be a tuned Z20LET or a whole new engine. (this is even less probable)

anything more than the 1.6 turbo would also rival the Astra VXR, which is not something Vauxhall would do.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
i see where your coming from buddy:D should still be quick though 170bhp aint bad in a little car?

·
Registered
390 Posts
it should be mate but the problem is that the new cars are getting so heavy.

i feel its still guna lag behind the clio 182, and probably the new 197 as well.

if you want a quick corsa, buy a corsa B and stuick a C20LET in it :cool:

·
Registered
166 Posts
it should be mate but the problem is that the new cars are getting so heavy.

i feel its still guna lag behind the clio 182, and probably the new 197 as well.

if you want a quick corsa, buy a corsa B and stuick a C20LET in it :cool:
yeah wow :S not really with 125hp and some has 150hp and that's it :s

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
erm may i ask what 20let is or a z20let? whats the LEt mean and the bits before it? sorry if i sound stupid

·
Registered
393 Posts
Correct me if im wrong, but i think it breaks down like this:
Z20LET

Z is the type of injection/ignition system, C meaning single-point injection (spi), X means it has either single or multi-point injection (based on year produced), Z having both EGR and DIS with sequential-multi-point injection. if it doesnt have a first code letter, then it has a carb.

20 is the engine size, e.g. 12 for 1.2, 16 for 1.6 etc.

LET is to do with the intake system and emission controls, LET having a turbocharger + EGR and DIS, NZ having no emission controls, SZ having EGR and DIS, theres another that is for air-injection, but i cant remember what the code is, might be XS or something.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Correct me if im wrong, but i think it breaks down like this:
Z20LET

Z is the type of injection/ignition system, C meaning single-point injection (spi), X means it has either single or multi-point injection (based on year produced), Z having both EGR and DIS with sequential-multi-point injection. if it doesnt have a first code letter, then it has a carb.

20 is the engine size, e.g. 12 for 1.2, 16 for 1.6 etc.

LET is to do with the intake system and emission controls, LET having a turbocharger + EGR and DIS, NZ having no emission controls, SZ having EGR and DIS, theres another that is for air-injection, but i cant remember what the code is, might be XS or something.
u were right about the size of the engine part ;)

the first part, ie Z or C etc, is purely the exhaust emission standard ahered to by the engine in question. ( hence earlier 2 litre 8 and 16 valve engines having no prefix ie 20seh or 20xe, because they did not come with a catalytic converter)

the second part ie 16 or 20 etc is the engine capacity in cubic centimeters, ie 2.0 = 2.0 litres 16 equals 1.6 litrs and so on...

we'll use 'LET' for an example in the 3rd 4th and 5th parts of the engine code.

the 'L' tells you which compression ratio band that particular engine falls into, in this case L means between 8.5:1 and 9.0:1 ( if you really want to know them all pm me :mad: )

the 'E' part tells you the mixture system used, in this case 'E' being multi-point fuel injection (again if u need to know more, ask)

and finally the 'T' part. this isnt always used, and theres isnt really a lot of clarity on exactly what each letter means. in this case 't' is for turbo, but 'h' is also used for 'high output' on the new z16leh turbo engine. it basically tells you the specific vehicle version.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
i understand the more i keep reading it, thanks :D got something to show off at college now lol cheers man

·
Registered
390 Posts
6 Posts
Looks not too shabby. I don't think it will sport 200bhp, however. It will compete almost too closely with the Astra. I'd be willing to place bets on the final output being closer to 180bhp max.

I did, personally, think they would have kept it to 150bhp.

P.S Good going with the engine code work Mark, glad to see you sticking it to the know-it-alls ;)

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Steady on with the handbags.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts