All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just been out and fitted all the new door interior parts i bought from that guy off ebay except the chrome handles which were purchased from our very own Laura - thanks! New parts include door cards, door pockets, window winders and door handles all in black. Very happy with it just needs a good clean now as ou will probably notice in the pics!

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
didn't clean them before hand cause i am meant to be studying for a uni exam on Friday so just went out quickly to fit it all as the stuff got delivered this morning.

Yea it is a mountney steering wheel which was fitted few months back. A lot smaller and better than the boat sized wheel that was on it before lol - really easy to fit and really comfy - very happy with that purchase - cost £60 and then the boss kit was meant to be eckor or sumthin - can't remember make now - but when i got it, it turned out to be mountney so that was a bonus as normally there £35 and i paid £15 brand new on ebay lol.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Yay nice job, looks great:thumbs_up:

Subtle use of chrome like mine ;)

Do you have new door triangle bits to go on too geeb or were you just so keen to take pics you forgot to put those back on? :)

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i've left them off cause i completely forgot about that when buying the other parts - think i'll try and get a set of black ones from the guy while i'm getting my black rear cards, and get them on just to finish it off.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Strangely you have the dark dash aswell, have you replaced that along the way?
All you need now to finish it is the sport front and rear seats, and the dark rear doorcars, will look spot on when done.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol i'm glad you noticed that lee cause i was thinking the same - i've never replaced it it just seems to be a really dark grey which basically looks black. Yea rear door cards are getting bought soon and then i'll be looking into the seats. Also gonna get a set of plain black custom fit floor mats (£16 on ebay) and Richbrook black and silver gear knob and handbrake handle just to finish it off. Then all that will be left to do is get my audio stuff installed and then i'll be back to working on the exterior.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Yea rear door cards are getting bought soon and then i'll be looking into the seats. Also gonna get a set of plain black custom fit floor mats (£16 on ebay) and Richbrook black and silver gear knob and handbrake handle just to finish it off. Then all that will be left to do is get my audio stuff installed and then i'll be back to working on the exterior.
As i read this i had to remind myself that this your ladies car........coz its sounds like someones falling in love with it :p :laugh:

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea she letting me do it up for her :thumbs_up: and she quite likes helping out - she stripped the passenger door while I did the drivers so she's learning a bit aswell. Luckily we have the same tastes which is cool :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Nice job by the looks of that Geebs, how difficult was it to fit those chrome handles? I like them but thought they were difficult to fit? I wish my girlfriend would let me help her do stuff to her car, but she's got a clio for a start and next year she's hoping to get a 4X4 (she does a lot of horsey stuff lol). I ain't got a clue about either of those lol.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its straigthforward enough - its best to strip the door eg. take off the door pockets and door cards just to give you more access. Then once you have done that just slide the handle forward and it will come out as its held in by little plastic hooks on the back. Then just take out the metal pole part from the back of the handle and hook it into the chrome one and slide back onto the door. Then its just a case of putting the door cards and pockets back on - job done. Hope i've explained it clearly enough and if you need more advice just give me a shout!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Oh right I didn't realise it was that simple! Do you have to take the top part of the door card off? Just when I was installing my comps I noticed the back of the door handle surround wouldn't come away from the door, or will it come off after the door card is off? Or even better, is it possible to put different handles on without taking the door card off? I'm guessing not lol.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol yea I was hoping it would be that simple - how wrong was I lol. yea just strip the door gives you easy access to the handle to replace it with a silver one. will honestly only take you about 10-15 mins per door.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The top of the door card hangs onto clips that are mounted on the top of the 'window sill' on the inside. There's about 10 screws to remove.....2 near the locking mechanism, 3 holding the door handle on and the rest are along the underside of the door pocket. The plastic bits around the handle simply pull off with a little effort. Once these are released, you simply 'unhinge' the pocket, then 'unhinge' the card itself.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea what sky said - sorry should of mentioned about where the screws and metal clips were. Be careful with the clips holding door card on at window sill as when i took mine off, 2 or 3 of them were broken - don't know if I had broken them while taking card off or whether they were broken already.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I reckon I could strip a door within 5 mins, the hardest part being the clip that holds the door winder on...if you got leccy windows, you're larfin :thumbs_up:

It's really that easy....the unhinging is simply a lift up and pull towards you technique.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea that was the bit that took me the most time - getting that clip off that holds the window winder on - luckily the clip was only on one of my winders lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts