All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody got any idea whats going on with the talks of new driving laws for young drivers?
I have heard that if you are under 21 and get ANY points on your licience you get an immidiate ban and have to re-take your driving test :eek:

But this was the end of july i think, so i have no idea if these laws are going to be made or if they already have been made.
so does anyone know whats going on?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
i personally think a ban for a while is a good idea not retaking the test.may stop some of the kids thinking because they have just passed there test there race drivers round my way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i passed my test (first time :) ) about 2 months ago now and the amount of stupid people around mine in range rover sports and X5's that think they own the road and cut corners right infront of you is unbelieveable

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
round my way theres been alot of young drivers racing down the dual carrage way. an alot of them have crashed an now there trying to stop the cruises because of it.:mad:

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
to be honest some young drivers are twats. people like us that mod are cars because we have a passion for them seem to drive normally.

a ban would be a good idea i think, test retake is bit harsh though.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
end of the day thers always gunna b that small minority for those who put the time effort money into their cars.
down here i expect its the same as anywhere else the police stereo type anybody with modifications. hense why i never modified my corsa.

as for the driving laws being changed. scince i was 15(im now 20) the government have wanted to put the drivnig age up and do things like this and it never happens.

·
Registered
498 Posts
i doubt they will ban anyone who has points, thats just not gonna happen.
as for upping the age, im all for it. i hope they do it for moped chavs as well.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
round my way theres been alot of young drivers racing down the dual carrage way. an alot of them have crashed an now there trying to stop the cruises because of it.:mad:
Ino what you mean they put up bollards in the lorry park in basildon :mad: although the middle one isnt there anymore :p

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Fair enough a ban for racing, since that is dangerous, but a ban for getting say 3 points is a bit harsh the way it works with the 6 points seems to work pretty well anyway. Bans should be taken in the context of the offense commited not just tarring everyone with the same brush since they are young.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
prob saturday night duno if il be in my car bent the engine mounts when the gear box went.:shocked:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts