All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
only thing with getting a big bore exhaust pipe like those, you lose a whole load of back pressure to the engine and use up more fuel and slight loss in power, if i were you i'd save up some more cash and go for a complete sytem set up from the cat back, or even from the manifold system down which includes the centre box as well, that way you could have a big bore tail pipe and not lose as much back pressure

·
Registered
28 Posts
sorry to say this mate but Motor-world are pretty pants and the 'Universal fit' exhausts like the savage can actually be a major pain in the arse to fit and require lots of welding.

In my opinion yo'd be better off going for a direct fit exhaust - they're more expensive but are much easier to fit and cause less problems in the long run.

I'd go for something by piper or peco personally as they do a good range of rear boxes and can be fitted without too much hassle.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Neither of them

universal = rank

Savage are like rage - its just a load of noise. Pay out the extra and pay for a quality backbox or full system

Also how can you post this in wrong section :confused: :laugh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
A friend of mine had the savage 5" box on his 205. It's just noise to be honest :eek: i agree with everyone else in saying you should just get a whole system. Better for the long run too.
Adz

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
id go for a direct fit 3 to 3 1/2 inch back box universals are cheaper but its so much hastle getting them fitted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
got a piper twin 3" (i think that's the right diameter) on mine cost about £130ish including fitting from tweeks. sounds ace, a nice low growl

1 - 20 of 23 Posts