All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all;

I have just purchased my first car from a local garage. The car is a 2007 Corsa D 1.2 petrol with 49K on the clock one lady owner from new. The Garage were we purchased the car gave it a service this month prior to sale.On the test drive it drove great but i did notice on the service book it had a service at 12K then nothing until the garage serviced it at 49K so to me its missed two services. When i questioned this i was told the lady had the services done by a friend which i thought well OK.
I have just noticed that when the car starts up from cold its fine but when its had a good run it sounds tapity (bit like a diesel starting up) on tick over, but still feels quiet on a run. Wondering crap oil / tappets or chain being stretched.
Is this normal as it's my first car..Thanks Matty

·
Banned
885 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

These engines are very choosy about the oil they like - It's not just the viscosity, but also the specification that is important.

Another dislike of these engines, is non-genuine oil filter elements.

In your shoes, I would get yourself along to your local Vauxhall dealerships parts department, and buy a genuine GM (Vauxhall) filter element and get the oil there whilst you are at it.

Don't leave the oil changes more than 5,000 miles - Personally, I change mine at about 4,000 or twice a year.

Regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
if i was in your position , if you know a mechanic take it to him to have a look, to me sounds like oil could be the problem, could have been a cheap service and used a pretty cheap oil. You know companies these days, saving money wherever they can. IF i were you i would change the oil to a much better graded one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had my car a few months and am getting the same problem, grand on startup and driving but very loud, like a diesel when warm and idle.
Also, I've got an awful rattle coming from the engine are when in low gear gaining speed.
Brought it to my local garage and they have told me the timing chain needs changing, it's booked in for a replacment today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.