All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently using Castrol Magnatec 10W 40 in my car, I'm thinking of switching to Castrol's 0W 30 Edge oil as it has a lower pour point so it should circulate faster round the engine on startup reducing engine wear, although it is a 30 grade rather than a 40 grade it should be ok as I change my oil every 4 months before it has a chance to shear or goet contaminated too badly.

Does anyone have any experience of using this oil, or would anyone recommend/not recommend it?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
does using a decent oil make an actual difference?
I'll pretend you haven't asked that :p .
Of course it does. Cheap oil = bad protection for the engine.
Good quality oil = a well looked after engine which is a lot less prone to problems.

And for the record I use Castrol GTX 10w-40.
Although I want to move onto the Castrol Magantec but £22 is a bit much for me at the moment.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
i use champion filters there quite good dont think theres alot of difference in the filters tho.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Filters

i use champion filters there quite good dont think theres alot of difference in the filters tho.
Nah not much diff in the filters, they all filter down to about 20 microns.

Best bet to clean you engine is to buy an aftermarket in line filter that goes down to less than 5 microns catches much more crud from the engine.

I always magnetise my sump plugs as well catches all the metal shavings, or you can buy a magnetic band to go around you oil filter.

I can post links if anyones interested. :)

I change my oil every four months as well, fresh oil for the winter when your most likely to get engine condensation and acids forming.

·
Registered
23 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts