All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the thing, I've been driving my 1L Corsa Club (b) for 2 weeks now. I've grown up around cars and I've driven well before my test. So this 1L just ain't cutting it, I don't have enough cash to sell her and upgrade but I do have enough for some tuning. I'm aware of the 2L RedTop conversion which I could do cheaper than most people (working in a garage helps) but I wanna keep it cheap and cheerful with the best results. Basically reccomend all of the modifications (non-visual) so I have something to work towards. :) :thumbs_up:

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
This has all been said befoer, but theres not much you can do with the 1.0L to amke it go any faster, you'll need to change engines, as the 1.0L is a bit funky on the wiring side, you'll need to go tot he hassle of changing the dash loom to a sport one. If you're doing that then you may aswell drop in whichever engine you like! The redtop is a logical choice, but if you're after cheap then x16xe (the 1.6 16v from a corsa sport - 106bhp) is the next step down. There have been smallblock 1.8 conversions but tbh, you might aswell go 2.0 if you're going that far.

If you dont want to swap engines just yet, most people will recommend you improve handling so you can manouver better and hold the road better to carry speed through corners etc.. A decent set of Coilovers would be a good start, get it sitting right. Rear lower ARB is also a crucial one aswell as the front top strut brace.

The other way to make the 1.0L faster is to lose weight (not you, the car) strip the back out, boot plastics out, doorcards, carpet, passenger seat (depends how far you want to take it, but the back seats are good for a solid 20Kg(ish) weight loss. If you can acquire them cheaply then fibreglass panels (bonnet/boot/wings etc...) are also a good idea.

Dave

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Strip out all the carpets, roof lining, plastics and sound deadending seats ect.
Fit a short shifter kit
K&N panel filters in a drilled / de-resticted airbox
Performance backbox
Jamex springs & dampers (coilovers are overkill for a 1 litre imo)
Strut brace

With the above it'll handle a lot better be a little faster off the line and be more fun to drive (except from the noise)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts