All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
mate im sure she's not lying, your making her out to be a liar lol they do look smooth to me...

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
ive stated what i wanted to say

look textured ive painted loads of these and had a better finish, maybe you havent flattened and polished them

d

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
nah its fine, what primer did you use? i scotchy them then highbuild them then work with the primer till there smooth then paint, laquer and then give them a light flatten and polish and then perfection :)

d

·
Registered
390 Posts
mate im sure she's not lying, your making her out to be a liar lol they do look smooth to me...
corsaJ hes not making anyone out to be a liar at all, simply asking questions with the view to giving advice, keep the forum friendly :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No home made paint job here i'm affraid. :p

Although i'm perfectly capable of producing a Good finish (being an acomplished art and design graduate) i have had my interior bits done proffesionally (luckily we have a friend in the body shop trade) so i'm not sure of the proffesional prosedure but i can say we have certainly put a lot of business his way after people have seen his work :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
thats nice :) ill stick to being fully qualified myself, have you got any of the rest of the dash done? i was thinking about a full dash at some point just for show

d

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I kind of like the dash as it is although i do look at it every now and then and picyure nice chrome rings round my dials :)

Heres my stereo surround and face plate done too;

And the non electric handles;

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i think you should spray the handle! will look all one part
The more i look at it the more i agree with you, especially in that picture.

Originally i was worried i would over do the respraying and just wanted to keep it to a subtle sytlish minimum, like if i do the handle then the window winder looks odd then the door mirror triangle would look odd if not done also.....etc...etc.... so easy to go ott

So do you think the whole handle section could be done and leave the rest of the door? bear in mind the winder is on borrowed time ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree with dearing to just spray the handle. if you really dont want to go overboard with spraying then get some of those chrome winders off ebay.

Im thinking of getting some interior corsa parts so i can spray them but im not sure wether to do them red or silver or a mixture of both.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts