All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

Newbie here, bought my first ever car today. Its vauxhall corsa merit 5d 1.2

Been watching this forum for a while. I am a little unsure on the terms people use on these forums, i don't understand what type my car is as alot of people are calling theirs type c or b. What does mine come under?

Anyways, i'm hoping to start modding it as soon as possible. First thing i wanted to do was add an LED to the dials. But the one on crazyleds is for a corsa with rev dial, which i havent got. So little confused.

Anyways, any ideas.

Cheers

Luke

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Corsa B C and D are basically the ages and shapes of the corsas for example:

Corsa B built from 1993-2000

Corsa C built from 2000-2006

Corsa D built from 2006-present

Hope this clears it up for you, oh and :welcome:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Not sure about the LED's but a Corsa A is up to 1993 (AKA Nova), Corsa B is '93-00 and C is 00-06, there is also a D which i think was introduced last year. A merit would be one of the cars in the B era :D

btw :welcome:

edit: damn, clutch beat me ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm yeah thanks for the help.

Just wish they had something on crazy leds for my car. They only have CORSA B / TIGRA LED DASH KIT
CORSA C / NEW TIGRA B LED DASH KIT
And these both have rev dials.

Anyone on here managed to put leds in their dash board but have no rev dial?

·
Registered
476 Posts
welcome mate and on the non rev counter dials i took apart ther is just to lights and they look like the same lights u put in side lights so just get some blue led sidelights of ebay

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help. I'm brand new to cars so most of the time i dont have a clue what im talking about. Well i have to start somewhere :p

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
We all had to start somewhere so dont worry, oh and :welcome:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is the response i got from crazyleds asking about a non rev version:

hi
the non rev counter dials are metal and the light does not look to good with leds

Anyone got pictures of their car with led lights in but no rev counter. Would like to see what its like!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Just bought a kit from them for my Corsa, cant wait to get it through the post and fit it :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts