All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1.4 98 R and I'm looking to get 1 or 2 engine mods to just give a bit more of a kick when accelerating, as I do a lot of driving on single lane roads and I just don't have the confidence in the car to overtake that often. Any suggestions would be great cheers.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Hate to sound a bit of a killjoy but there's not much you can do. Probably the best bet is an engine transplant.
Any other mod short of something drastic like a turbo would not really have any effect at all.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
drilled airbox and aftermarket panel filter, Ported and polished head and manifolds, and mild road cam may add some power, Deathsycthe is the best to ask when it comes to engine side of things ;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ask away mate!
tuning 8v's depends pretty much on exactly what you want it to do, bearing in mind that you have to sacrifice something.
if its just for some quick overtakes, then improving the 8v's spin-up time with some decent porting of intake and exhausts ports is a good move, the rest depends on what fuel injection and ignition systems you have before changing the shape of the combustion chambers can be considered, a rally-spec exhaust manifold is on the cards in this case but thats pretty much the only expensive part, others will be simple things like panel filters and maybe a ram intake for the airbox and so on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 1.4 98 R and I'm looking to get 1 or 2 engine mods to just give a bit more of a kick when accelerating, as I do a lot of driving on single lane roads and I just don't have the confidence in the car to overtake that often. Any suggestions would be great cheers.
hey man i have the same 1.4 8v engine.I removed the stock air box and piping an installed a short ram air filter system,it made a fairly good improvement on the acceleration.The car even launches better off the line,it even sounds great to.

the edge

·
Registered
87 Posts
is there anything you can do with a 1.0 to give it a bit more pulling away power,dont need the car to go that fast just would like it to pick speed up a little faster.

·
Registered
393 Posts
like chris says, porting and skimming the head gives decent results. reshaping and smoothing the combustion chambers on the 8v's also gives better engine response and bottom-end torque, typical vauxhall really, most of the noticeable power gains to be had are going to need head work of some sort.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts