All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, the names Cozy, i'm a newbie here and just bought a 1.4i L reg corsa as a runabout while i do a few jobs on my calibra v6, it's a nice little car and feels like a go-cart after driving the calibra but couple of questions for you, as i have never owned a corsa before i don't know if this is common problem or not

Q1. while driving along there seems to be a weird buzzing noise (maybe electrical) coming from the center console (showing the time) or it could be coming through the center vents

just wondering if anyone knew what this could be or what causes it

Q2. it has a standard vaux stereo but it is asking for the code and i haven't got a code for it, is there anyway to get passed this or reset the code or should i just rip it out and put a different head unit in there

p.s. i know its in the wrong forum but whats the best way to get the plastic on the arches back to black as they have gone very grey, and what is the colour of the paint on the corsa

any help / advice greatly appreciated

anyway heres a pic of the corsa and calibra

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
:welcome:

The colour of your car is Vauxhall Satin Red - I have same colour and have been spraying parts with tins of this. If you want to check - open the bonnet and at the front between the 2 headlights there should be a plate with numbers etc. If you see the number 72L then its definately Satin red. My mate has a corsa and same colour as mine and his is Satin red so can guarentee yours will be aswell :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site.

With regards to the buzzing noise. The best bet is to remove the centre console and see if you can pinpoint exactly where the noise is coming from.

Also the stereo, you need to either take it in to vauxhall to get it sorted, or there are a few services avaiable online that will provide a secific code for your stereo based on the serial number of it.
It may be worth considering upgrading. Kenwood do decent budget stereos for around £50 IIRC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks you two,

satin red thanks for that

with regards to the buzzing noise (which is extremely annoying) it's deffo something to do with the vents, its like a squeeking/squeeling noise and it only happens when you get a bit of speed, as when stopped or moving slow there is no noise but when the air is passing through the vents (could be center vents or the windscreen vent) there is a squeal like something is flapping about in there

i will check out a few things just to make sure no leaves are stuck in any vents and is there a pollen filter on these cars as that may be the problem, if there ain't one in there then the air could just be making the noise going through where that should be

as for the stereo i have an old pioneer headunit i can whack in there till i get a cheap cd headunit

cheers, if you have any suggestions as to the noise from the vents that would be appreciated as its driving me mad lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
All I would suggest is to take the vents out to gain access to the ducting behind and see if there is anything in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All I would suggest is to take the vents out to gain access to the ducting behind and see if there is anything in there.
cheers matey, yeah was thinking the same, with regards to taking the vents out, do they just pop out or whats the best way to take them out, don't have a haynes manual for it just yet

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
When i replaced my vents this is how i removed them:

Move the vent all the way down.
Get 2 flat screwdrivers and put 1 down either side of the vent.
Then just move the screwdrivers around and slowly just wedge it out.

Hope some of that helps :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When i replaced my vents this is how i removed them:

Move the vent all the way down.
Get 2 flat screwdrivers and put 1 down either side of the vent.
Then just move the screwdrivers around and slowly just wedge it out.

Hope some of that helps :thumbs_up:
perfect mate, will give it a go at lunchtime, thanks again lads

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
before you go through all that hassle, check the the panel that covers the lighter and ashtray (if you've got one) mine rattles so i've put a bit of blu tack on it. hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts