All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just to settle an argument with my mate ! i was just wondering if police can get you at night with there laser guns i.e take a pic

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
They probably could because, your number plate should be lit up, dont quote me on this. However if the road isnt that busy on the night they more than likely wont feel it is a good use of resources.

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
of course they can ... you have lights on the back of your car lighting up the number plate.... remember!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what about from the front if they are following you then they can obviosly do you but head on they cant can they

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
They might have a problem reading the front from your headlights maybe putting to much light onto the camera.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Didnt actually know that, I am wanting more power out of mine but dont know whether to try get more power out of it or just wait and go for the z20let

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah get more power i wouldent spoil it with a let so soon what engine you using if you did , haha i woulden't mind trying to fit the new corsa d vxr oh yeah if possible without major body work

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
well when I do a z20let, but will be 2 or 3 years before I do. I have thought about tuning the 1.4 but for the price vs gains it isnt worth it

·
Registered
163 Posts
yeah but are argument is a night you need a flash and it would be wrong to do so
police have video cameras and speed cameras installed into there vehicles as well
so even if you think you wont get caught there is always a chance!!! YES speed cameras do work at night..... without a flash........
i always get cheeky if i'm behind a copper i will speed if he is just because they cant say anything (unless they have blues n two's on!!!) if you see a copper with his belt off you can stop him and tell him off!!!! only do it if your fully taxed, mot'd and insured cos no doubt they will probably check you out!!! :)

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
if you see a copper with his belt off you can stop him and tell him off!!!! only do it if your fully taxed, mot'd and insured cos no doubt they will probably check you out!!! :)
Thats just asking for trouble, way I have found is talk to them like equals and you will get alot more leeway

·
Registered
79 Posts
police have video cameras and speed cameras installed into there vehicles as well
so even if you think you wont get caught there is always a chance!!! YES speed cameras do work at night..... without a flash........
i always get cheeky if i'm behind a copper i will speed if he is just because they cant say anything (unless they have blues n two's on!!!) if you see a copper with his belt off you can stop him and tell him off!!!! only do it if your fully taxed, mot'd and insured cos no doubt they will probably check you out!!! :)
and how are you going to pull a copper over, short of flashing and beeping at them which will most likely annoy them, and then they will no doubt come down hard on you (im sure they could start quoting rules like improper use of the horn and headlights), plus they could turn it round and say prove they had no belt on :)

Oh, and dont forget, most motorway traffic (marked and unmarked) cars have rear facing cameras too :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts