All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the benifits of not having a cat? i've got a 1.4 8v with a cat back remus stright thru middle section and a peco 4" backbox will i benifit from losing the cat?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
i havent done it but i know that without your cat you will fail the MOT on the emissions section. So if you do go decat then you will need to be able to put your cat back on when it comes to your MOT mate. Not sure about benefits though, but there must be some or people wouldnt do it because of the hassle.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
It will fail the MOT. Yep i used a piece of stainless tubing and cut the cat out with an angle grinder, and then welded the piece in! i like it but for MOT time i have a spare pipe with a cat in ;)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Full De-cat systems will improve throttle response and release more bhp, but it will fail an MOT emissions tests. Oh and IIRC its after March 1993 that all cars must have a cat.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
it would make a difference but buy a cat bypass pipe on ebay for £60 then keep your original cat for mots

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
You have already said you have got a cat back system, to be fair I would just stick with that as the few bhp you will gain from de-cating is not worth the hassel IMO. Especially since police can now do roadside emissions checks.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Mines the x16xe without a cat and mine passed :thumbs_up:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts