All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,my problem is on corsa 1.2 2004 plate (wifes car)
im getting only luke warm heat from car heater ,when turned fully up,
but that soon turns cold after a few minutes,tested thermostat it definetly opens at boiling point,flushed matrix out,no blockage,
temp stays mid way on gauge,could water pump be the problem ?
if i took off one of matrix pipes could i run engine to see pump is circulating ?
or would it cause problem ? i felt top radiator pipe it gets hot
bottom pipe stays cool,matrix inlet pipe cool,outlet pipe hot
any help you can give id be grateful
thanks in advance.......

·
Banned
885 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

Are you sure that the heater control is actually opening the heater valve fully?
It seems a bit odd that the inlet pipe to the heater matrix stays cool, whilst the outlet pipe gets hot.
What you say about the top and bottom hose is normal - once the thermostat opens, the bottom hose will start to get hot too.

You could try removing the heater outlet pipe, blocking off the pipe (not the matrix) and seeing if coolant is flowing through the matrix, this MAY even push out any air that is in there.
As coolant seems to be circulating round the engine (thermostat closed), checking that it circulates around the engine AND radiator when it opens, should confirm that the pump is working.

Regards.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
If radiator is hot at top and cool at bottom it points to an air lock.

Why the hell people are suggesting headgasket already is beyond me.
If you don't have a clue, keep quiet

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this very problem it was my heater matrix very easy to fit just take the side of drivers side footwell off n it will reveal all , have a decent torch and remember to drain coolant, now I get roasted after 5mins lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.