All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but in up to my eyeballs in it (check the classifieds for more details).

Gave up throwing money at my SRi (it gets silly after £2k-3k) and bought a....Renault! Proper family car, 1999 1.6 Megane Saloon :laugh: Nearly bought an Astra G but they wanted silly money for it.

Anyway, hope you're all doing okay, will be sure to post back soon :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah I miss the site but increasing family commitments (my baby daughter is now nearly 6mths old...time flies) and problems with the Corsa have eaten away at the last few months :laugh: Lost faith after the last engine went in and then promptly shafted me so just want shot of the SRi really. Heartbreaking to say the least but serves me right for throwing so much cash at a 14 year old car...lesson learned. Did consider spending £400 on an engine rebuild but bought the Renault instead.

I'll get some pics of my Megane up soon, she's likely to be wearing the alloys from the Corsa (apparently they'll fit) pretty soon...should look nice since the wheels are still like new (not a single mark on them!) :thumbs_up: Just installed my stereo having ordered a special fascia from Ebay to replace the standard radio cassette :laugh:

EDIT: Pics

·
Registered
713 Posts
another one thats gone french with Renault lol

nice looking car though mate, the saloon's are quite rare, not many of them about.

yeah the alloy's should fit straight over, mine did off my corsa to my clio, after a subtle bit of modifying to the centre hub but fit fine.

personally prefer the astra g (only cos i had one and miss it dearly), but still a nice find :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Well hopefully you wont have as many problems with this new one as you did with your Corsa :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It broke my heart when the Corsa broke down for the second time :(

I sold her the other night to my missus' cousin for £200 and a car stereo but without the alloys (he's putting chrome 17's on her), so at least she'll still be in the family :)

She's about to become a 1.2 :laugh: Oh well...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts