All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Guys/Girls,

I recently fitted a new clutch to a 1.0 (3 cylinder petrol) Corsa 2003. So the new clutch is now fitted and I cannot get any pressure behind the clutch pedal. I have ruled out the problem being the clutch master cylinder, could there be air trapped perhaps somewhere along the line? What would be the best way to bleed the clutch line? I'm stuck at this point and unsure about how to go forward and I'm wondering is the problem somewhere else within the car, any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hello taurus and thanks for the information!

We pumped the pedal 5 times, then held it in. Then we released bleed nipple and nothing appeared (no bubbles, no fluid). I've read through the link you provided but unfortunately the steps within the guide hasn't helped me. Would you advise using a device to pressure fluid at the reservoir or a unit which would suck at bleed nipple?

Many thanks again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey again

By putting in a higher pressure than 8psi do you think that clutch master cylinder seals would get damaged?

many thanks

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
They say not - but I've known people claim the system to blow seals and therefore rubbish it. The instructions say (I pretty sure I'm remembering right) to use no more than 20psi - but in practice I've always used under 10psi and it works fine. So no need to use higher pressures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks taurus for the help! in the end we used 8psi and it was air in the system, in the end we got a pedal and all is working, many thanks once again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts