All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im running or trying to a corsa 1.2 merit 1995 it has a c12nz engine the problem is none starter fuels ok battry ok but no spark from coil lead when i bridge it across to cylynder head ive changed coil makes no difference ,,i dont think this model has the crank sensor ???any help will be great cheers :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Some of these engine use coil packs some use distributors.

If its the engine without a crank sensor it won't have a coilpack, 100% sure it was a coil pack you changed?

Or if it is the coil pack engine it will have a crank sensor.

I'm sure these engines use a distributer though?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Got a pic of the engine bay? I'm 90% sure these engines still have distributors instead of coil packs.

If I'm wrong and it has got a coil pack then it will have a crank sensor.

Sensor will be located on the back of the engine block above drivers side drive shaft

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi thanxs for resppnse its got orange distributor but I dont no about coil pack ive changed the coil I think 1 lead goes to the center of the dizzy il try and put a pic up later cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
The orange bit is the distributer cap, any cracks in it? The distributer is the unit under the cap. It's bolted to the right side of the engine. It should have one lead going into it from the ignition coil (which you say you've replaced) then 4 seperate leads going to the spark plugs.

If you take the orange cap off you'll see a rotar arm in the middle then 4 contact breakers round the outside. These can wear which would give no spark.

Have you checked the cap is lined up correctly, there should be a mark on it which needs to line up with the mark on top if the engine

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi thanxs for response ive checked the cap and rotor arm all seems fine im not getting anything from the coil itself so must be something what produces the spark before the coil its baffled a few people so far cheers

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Test the plug going into the coil itself when cranking

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.