All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, when i have 4 or more people in the car, hence 2 people sat in the back, there is a weird noise, like a scrapping sound, when i pull off and go over road humps.

im thinking it may be a loose exhaust, but im not sure

any ideas anyone?:confused:

·
Registered
611 Posts
yeah. its quite a common thing for that age of corsa and astras too. i've still got steelies on and it does it. nothing to worry about although it is reeeeally annoying and sounds bad. as mentioned, its probably the exhaust scraping slightly on the axle. stiffening the suspension would solve the problem

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Yeh sounds like exhaust to me, very common, my exhaust actually rests on the axle when i have 2 people in the back. Im guessing your car is lowered?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no the car is not lowered, and it has no alloys yet. it is very annoying though, and does sound aweful - might take it in to get it looked at maybe

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update on the problem - my friend recons it may be the wheels rubbing on the arches, and the suspention needs stiffening. how would i go about doing this ??

·
Registered
713 Posts
the wheels would only rub on the arches if:

a) the car has been lowered,
b) the wheels are a bigger size than standards or slightly too big that the extra weight is making the arches catch the tyres, or
c) the suspension is naff

but seeing as you've said its not been lowered thats a) out, you said it hasnt got alloys on it so that sounds like b) out, so its either as others have said its the exhaust pipe catching, or the suspension has weakened quite drastically.

theres been several times when ive had a car load of people and a full boot and my corsa had 15" alloys and not once did it scrape the arches so i'd say your friend isnt right about that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My car does that, i just put it down to me carrying a fat bugger in the back :p

as long as its nothing really bad then should be ok yeah?

·
Registered
611 Posts
webbo, only thing you need do is reposition the exhaust, which may or may not be easy depending on how rusty (and stuck) the join above the rear axle is

1 - 12 of 12 Posts