All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got pulled over last night really late on by the police for apparently speeding and driving aggressively, plus my numberplate wasn't visible due to muck. Had to deal with two snotty coppers who didn't really have a clue what they were talking about, cleaned my numberplate, then had to wait while they went through all the usual police checks.
Nothing came of it and I went on my way as normal, I was just a bit annoyed at their attitude.
Then this morning I was at my sisters house, next thing I know my car alarm is going off, I go outside to find some idiot woman had crashed into the kerb, then into a car, then into my front bumper.
I now have lots of very nice cracks all over it, not to mention a broken wheel arch and broken bumper mount.
I'm taking it in on Monday to get it priced to repair it and the woman is paying privately instead of going through insurance, which I suspect she didn't have anyway.

What a load of ****, I am not best pleased.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Damn man , when people say they have bad days you had a very bad day sorry to hear this mate hope it gets sorted out !

·
Banned
521 Posts
unlucky, look on the bright side though, shaft her for a new bumper of your choice and some colourcoded arches.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
ha ha yeah, rip her off mate i would. im sure it will be fixed soon tho bud! keep smiling. :D

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
unlucky mate :( mark he already has colour coded arches and a gsi spoiler.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds like bord copers to me.is the bumper cracked badly?
Paintworks cracked really bad, bumper mount has snapped off aswell.
unlucky, look on the bright side though, shaft her for a new bumper of your choice and some colourcoded arches.
Problem is it's a genuine mint gsi bumper, with genuine mint gsi colourcoded arches.

She said she will pay for it so if she ends up doing as she says, the bonus is I will be able to get rid of all the stonechips on it.
I won't hold my breath though, I'm still waiting for another woman to pay for the damage her son did to it when he keyed my boot.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Yeh i know wot you mean, id be worried about it being resprayed and it not being a perfect match, or a good as it was orginally. id rather it be something that doesnt involve that, something like a broken window. But anyway its still hassle which you dont want, regardless if you not paying for it or not. You car looks really mint btw right out the factory

·
Banned
521 Posts
If she pays for it then obv you would be buying a brand new gsi bumper from vauxhall and if your friends with your local bodyshop then get them to give you a quote with dafty tax etc added and get the numberplate recess smoothed or whatever else you fancy.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mark I would but I can't bring myself to do it, I'm too honest for my own good.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Mark I would but I can't bring myself to do it, I'm too honest for my own good.
Thats good how you think like that lee . I dont think i could rip her off either , I would not like it if i hit someone then they raped me on the cost of repairing there motor.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
she should learn to drive then :laugh:

nah actually i with chads dont rip her off might be more trouble. her old man might get invold an your knackered if he 6ft 6 an built like a double garage :laugh:!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Off to get it priced up for a repair in a few mins, will post back when I have a price.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I won't hold my breath though, I'm still waiting for another woman to pay for the damage her son did to it when he keyed my boot.
some little mosher kids threw a few bricks at my car over a year ago and damaged a fair bit of bodywork, scratches the **** out of my bonnet and smashed my windscreen, oh and they also pissed on it wich was nice of them, one of thems parents brought a check round the week after cos i told her id put her son in hospital if they didnt sort it.
the other one keeps making excuses, my dad said best not 2 ask for it over xmas with people spendin so much money and stuff, so we wrote them letter about it 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back, so i think we're off to pay them a visit next week and tell her to get it sorted or we will be taking them to small claims court over it. and in the meantime iv had a nasty dent on the side of my car, a brick shaped scratch / dent on the bonnet and had 2 pay myself fr a new whindscreen.

its a joke.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's given me an idea tbh with the one's who haven't coughed up for the scratch. I think I may pop round and mention small claims court to them.
As for the other woman, I got the bumper repair quoted at £230 as it needs plastic welding and the full bumper spraying. I popped to my sisters and she was just going to her car so I gave her the estimate sheet, she seemed fine about it and said she will drop the cash off at my sisters for me on Wednesday, so we'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
As for the other woman, I got the bumper repair quoted at £230 as it needs plastic welding and the full bumper spraying. I popped to my sisters and she was just going to her car so I gave her the estimate sheet, she seemed fine about it and said she will drop the cash off at my sisters for me on Wednesday, so we'll just have to wait and see.
Oh well at least she seems genunie and willing to pay out for the damage - but as you say the proof will be given once the money has been handed over

1 - 18 of 18 Posts