All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive just been and wired up my alphasonik speakers and im impressed with them but i have a few things to moan about as per usual lol! Im sure that they dont sound as loud as they did in the store i bought them from ive double checked all the wiring and its all spot on so maybe its just my ears :confused:

Secondly the very nice man in the shop forgot to mention the fact that because i have standard speakers in the front that when i turn it up and there is a fair bit of bass which there is in the music i listen to that the front speakers cant handle the bass and and makes it sound distorted arrrrrgggg :mad:

Now i think its time to replace them ;)

So much for no more modding dont tell my partner lol :laugh:

·
Registered
497 Posts
If you have uprated speakers in the car but standard door speakers, they will still distort the same as normal, unless you fade it to the rear a bit (I take it these are rear speakers you have wired up) But if you don't want most of the sound coming from the back you should be looking at uprating the door speakers too. You don't have to spend a fortune to get a decent set of comps either :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
322 Posts
you cant get the full potential from uprated speakers unless you amp them up. in doing this, you will notice a huge difference in volume and sound quality!

·
Registered
224 Posts
HI

aztec daz is right mate, i would link your front speakers to the amp on low but also i would put some sound deading material around your speakers to limit the vibration which in turn would cut some of the distortion out. alternatively you could fiddle with the settings on your head unit and send the bass to auxilary speakers and put some under seat sub units to handle the bass and make them your auxilary speakers. Thats what i did in my mx5 as i was fighting for space and it wasnt the loudest system in the world but space wise it want half bad.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Well ive uprated my front speakers to some blaupunkt ones with some new tweeters, taken out the standard rear speakers, and put in a set or 6x9's running off and amp, so no distortion and loud as f***

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fair play guys its pay day on thursday me thinks some new speakers are on there way with an amp :thumbs_up:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts