All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still in the research stage while I save up for me 1.4L. Can't wait till July lol my metro's suspension is buggered and the brakes are spongy as hell.

I generally only tend to mod car's for performance. If it happens to look better, well thats a bonus.:D

Plans so far are:

Complete valet inside & out including the engine bay.

Complete check over the cars systems.

Full service

Performance HT leads and Super 4 plugs so I don't have to key the plugs:thumbs_up: .

Clean injectors.

De restrict air box and get a decent flow filter on it.

1.5-2" exhaust system, including manifold wrapped in heat resistant tape and a fast flowing cat.

Pre ignition lubrication system

Fast road cams & other necessaries to go with it so the engine doesn't blast itself to bits.

Gasflowed head, & decoke valves.

Matched coilovers for front and rear aiming for 40mm drop, any lower is a bit tricky for town driving with humps!

Bigger alloys, aiming to keep rolling radius the same. Looking at 16's as I think the tyres on 17's will have to be too wide.

Angel eye lamps and LED tail lights. Will replace rest of the bulbs with L.E.D clusters as they are much brighter.

Some front fog lamps for foggy weather.:D

Any thoughts commetns ideas let me know:driver:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Probably one of the most planned out ideas we've had so far.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
very well prepared matey! nice one:D

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
So your basically cleaning it out then with some engine mods.

You thought more on cleaning the car than researching into your performance mods

"Fast road cams & necessaries"

Save up for a 1.6 will be much more rewarding and you will have more modding options....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So your basically cleaning it out then with some engine mods.

You thought more on cleaning the car than researching into your performance mods

"Fast road cams & necessaries"

Save up for a 1.6 will be much more rewarding and you will have more modding options....
I've never modded a car before, big learning curve here. I'm not after a power monster, just an engine that runs well with a bit more torque and low end power for everyday driving.

Insurance is a bit pricey on a GSi not sure how a 1.4 with a 1.6L transplanted in would compare, anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
79 Posts
would the cost in the increase of insurance not be almost equal to that of a standard 1.6 which would be a better base to start from like Clutch said (and you start with more power, and have more mods available to you anyway)?

Also, i have a feeling the internal diameter of a standard exhaust system is 1.75" already :)

·
Banned
521 Posts
all you do is pap a 1.6 in an not declare it. My car is down as a 1200 8valve when in reality it will be a 2000 8valve.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
all you do is pap a 1.6 in an not declare it. My car is down as a 1200 8valve when in reality it will be a 2000 8valve.
Not the best and most legal advice.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thats a good idea, running around in an improperly insured and declared vehicle! :congrats:

And when you have a nasty smash, and someone is seriously hurt, and the assessor comes around and knows what he is looking at...hello huge fine, driving ban etc!

Is it really worth skimping on a couple of hundred pounds just to have an uninsured vehicle?? I think not. Just declare it and know your safe on the road. It cost me an extra £100 on my astra to insure a full body kit, alloys, sound system, cat back exhaust system and other various things. Abit of overtime and bang, its paid for!

And a 1.2 8v certainly looks different to a 2.0L 8v if you know what your looking at. People who dont declare their mods and cars properly should be taken straight off the road.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
He's only 15, not even old enough to be on the road, yet giving out stupid advice like that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If only he knew what the real world was like. My mate had a 3.0l capri, didnt insure it properly "forgetting" the engine mods etc, has a head on with another car (other person crossed into his lane), looks cut and dry until assessor comes around.....now has a years ban, huge fine, all the no claims out the window and seriously regrets it now.

But back on topic......

I say look into how much a 1.6 will cost you to insure, then look into the same mods for that and compare prices. I dont think it'll really be that much more tbh :)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
He's only 15,
**** me, thought he was my age :eek:

Out of curiousity i said my car had a 1.6 and the insurance went up by £150 which i thought was pretty good.

I see what your doing now mate, should learn abit about your car and engine if you do what you say you will do, the man you want to talk to is deathscythe he knows his stuff and has one the smoothest running 1.2 around lol.

:thumbs_up:

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Im sure one day you (and they) will grow up and realise what they are doing... hopefully not the hard way ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts