All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this forum yesterday - v. impressed with content and knowledge. Just got the youngest daughter a 1.2 Sxi 52 Corsa but I am enjoying driving it too! So am getting back into DIY maintenance after a lot of years off(!).

The corsa is a great drive but I do find the throttle response a little odd so thought I would ask advice......

When changing gear (most noticeable 1>2) and lifting off the throttle pedal before going into 2nd the revs hang up for a second before dropping off. This could be normal but...........

Checked the obvious: throttle pedal is not sticking, would check cable but has not got one :laugh: so had a listen to the throttle butterfly actuator under the black plastic casing on the throttle body (held on with clips). Sounds very rough eg as if it needs some grease in the mechanism.

Has anyone any advice about opening/cleaning/improving the actuator under the plastic cover on the throttle body. OR is the response to be expected? I assume there is a set of gears connecting a stepper motor to the butterfly spindle but happy to be corrected:thumbs_up:

Any advice greatfully recieved.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The hanging revs is normal im afraid mate. my corsa 1.2 16v did it and so does my new shape 06 vectra 1.8vvti, really annoying too :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
mine too, and its the 1.2 8v.

Without putting too much of my tech-head on, I'd say its got something to do with the lag in the fuelling as I've noticed it slow to pick up revs also.

·
Registered
325 Posts
On the Corsa C, the accelerate is done by a 'fly by wire' so no accelerator cable involved

to clean inside of it, you need to remove the air box which require removing two torx bit, then underneath it on the throttle body u will see 4 smaller torx bit that u will need to remove to get it off

spray some wd40 and scrape away the deposit to clean it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies, I'll learn to live with it but you've certainly saved me opening the actuator up just to see if there's anything to be done.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts