All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a local garage coming to tow car away today to take it for MOT - £25 tow charge plus £25 MOT - not bad.

Whilst jump starting the car to charge the battery, I noticed an oil stain on the block with what looks like water droplets on.

Is this something to be concerned about?
Will post a picture up shortly

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
I wouldn't panic unless you're losing oil and/or coolant. Seeps like that are common on older engines, and a very small amount of oil makes a lot of mess.

Water droplet can form on engines not used for a while - atmospheric moisture is condensed out on to cold metal wherever there's something to attract it. Look at engines in care sales places where a car has been standing for a while.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car hasn't been run since last day of last month so maybe that's normal.
Exhaust had white smoke for couple of minutes when I started today and then went clean/invisible as normal

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Stop worrying so much!

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hard not to Mark - start a new job on Monday and have no vehicle to get there.
Get get a lift of the misses either since its a 4am start and she is up at 8am to take the boy to school.

MOT centre just came and collected it and will call me this afternoon to let me know what's wrong with it.

I'm expecting it to fail on windscreen and fuel line, possibly the repair job on the sill I done last year too.

If the sill passes and the crack in fuel line is missed due to having about £2 worth of fuel in the tank, then it should be around £90 to get windscreen done which will be tomorrow earliest, then £100 deposit on insurance and £80 on tax, both of which will be done tomorrow before post office closes which means car will be ready in time for Monday.

Fingers crossed

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Fuel line or tank mate?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you mean the leak Mark, imagine the pipe that is attached to the fuel cap/hole
It's that pipe, the very first pipe the fuel goes in when filling up. The leak is at the bottom of it - the pipe goes from the filler hole to the bottom of the car and bends back upwards.

Because of where it is, it only leaks when the tank is full so that the fuel overfills back upto the pipe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.