All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm not a mechanic by any means. My car has just passed the MOT and I have just taken a look under the bonnet and noticed some oil leaking from just above the engine.

Not sure what part the oil is coming from but in the picture I have circled in red. (picture below)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B61we44K_E2dMlJiVWFfdk9INTA/view?usp=sharing

I have tightened the clip as much as possible, but only had a pair of plyers so need to get the correct socket.

Hopefully this will do the trick but will keep an eye on it. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate the advice.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hi there, well that picture shows a picture of the throttle body, your unlikely to have oil there, is it petrol?, i would look round for split rubber hoses....the main cause of oil leaks on a corsa is the oil pressure switch at the front of the engine, at the top.....hope that helps...Fred in Essex.

Hi All,

I'm not a mechanic by any means. My car has just passed the MOT and I have just taken a look under the bonnet and noticed some oil leaking from just above the engine.

Not sure what part the oil is coming from but in the picture I have circled in red. (picture below)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B61we44K_E2dMlJiVWFfdk9INTA/view?usp=sharing

I have tightened the clip as much as possible, but only had a pair of plyers so need to get the correct socket.

Hopefully this will do the trick but will keep an eye on it. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate the advice.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Fred,

Yes it is a petrol engine.

Thanks for getting back so quickly. Ive looked around and cleaned as much as possible. Im positive the oil was coming from the large pipe as when I squeezed and pushed more came out. It did stop when I tightened the clip and I ran the car for a while and no more appeared. I will have another look in the morning.

I will have a look where you suggested. If you are certain the oil's not from where I tightened.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Ok well if it is engine oil from there, it could be a breather pipe loose or split...oil will look black, petrol will look clean and smell, well you know what i mean lol....there should be a small breather hose that does go to that area...if its perished or swolen it may need a new hose....Fred.

Hi Fred,

Yes it is a petrol engine.

Thanks for getting back so quickly. Ive looked around and cleaned as much as possible. Im positive the oil was coming from the large pipe as when I squeezed and pushed more came out. It did stop when I tightened the clip and I ran the car for a while and no more appeared. I will have another look in the morning.

I will have a look where you suggested. If you are certain the oil's not from where I tightened.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
air intake hose
You got better eyes than me Andy....i suppose you can say its where the air intake pipe from the air filter fits on, not to sure why oil would be there, i wonder if you ought to take the air filter casting right off, have a look at the air filter element see if its covered in oil, might be drawing it up the breather hose....might be worth cleaning out the breathers, especially the one that goes into the inlet manifold...not sure you actually want any new bits....Fred.

·
Banned
35 Posts
You got better eyes than me Andy....i suppose you can say its where the air intake pipe from the air filter fits on, not to sure why oil would be there, i wonder if you ought to take the air filter casting right off, have a look at the air filter element see if its covered in oil, might be drawing it up the breather hose....might be worth cleaning out the breathers, especially the one that goes into the inlet manifold...not sure you actually want any new bits....Fred.
i would be taking the lot off fred to find it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts