All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just bought a Corsa 1.2 SXI 2003. I noticed a small amount of oil in my garage this morning. I have looked from bottom and top and it looks like it is coming from oil filter and running down edge of gearbox then dripping from bottom. Is this possible? Or can seal on gearbox go and cause I to leak? Sorry not really in the know with cars and every time I have took a car to a garage they seem to over charge me. Only had car a couple of days and drives spot on. If it is oil filter would engine oil need topping up a lot? Any help would be great, thanks.

·
Banned
90 Posts
Hi, is the leak coming from the black oil filter housing, to the right of the engine bay as you look at it..if it is then the rubber o ring seal may have perished, watch this video (link below) as it's really good and easy to change the oil and filter, i'd recommend a full oil change when doing the filter...jack the car up after running for 5 mins to heat up the oil a wee bit so it comes out easier, use an axle stand or if not i'd place the spare wheel on its back alongside the jack with a sturdy box or something, on top in case the jack slips, then your, dead...lol...get a ratchet, and a t40 or t45 torx bit, and undo the sump plug as in the video, drain the oil into a container (4 or 5ltr from asdas/tescos etc will do as u need to take it to council dump to dispose off,,it's free ) then tighten the plug back up, fairly tight not rock solid...get a 32mm socket, and undo the oil filter housing, take out the old filter and put in the new one and new rubber o ring seal (should come with the filter but ask b4 u buy from europarts, etc), cheaper to buy it online then pick it up...clean inside of the black housing with a rag as well...tighten it back up, pour in the oil, around 3.5 litres in total not all at once though, check dipstick level after 3 litres , start car and leave for 5 mins, switch it off, then keep wiping and checking the dipstick until almost at full mark, job done.. oil is 5w/30 from europarts in the sale its £20.99 if u use oilbonanza30 at the checkout http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/c...gineoils/5w30-engine-oil/?521776041&0&cc5_247 ... video is
hope this helps..or go to edinburgh and i'll do it for you ..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Excellent advice. Took it to garage today and they confirmed that's what it was. Shame I don't have time to do myself or tools as its now costing me £50 :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts