All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Starting from around a week ago my oil light has been flashing on intermittently and the engine seems to be losing power, I've checked the cars oil and that's fine, it's not losing any oil, the water level is fine aswell.

Anyone know what this problem might be? I'm going to be taking it to a mechanic this weekend but will need to drive it to work and back tomorrow and friday (about a 30 min journey) will this be ok?

My car is a 1.0 litre Corsa 53 plate.

Cheers,

·
Banned
885 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

It is probably far too late to answer this question now, but it is never a good idea to continue driving a vehicle if the oil warning light comes 'on', the results of so doing could be very expensive engine damage.
Just because there is sufficient oil in the sump, doesn't mean that there is sufficient oil PRESSURE and it is pressure (or rather, lack of it) that brings the oil warning light 'on'.

The warning light alone MIGHT indicate a faulty switch (sender), BUT the fact that the car also looses power is more worrying.

Regards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.