All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, at this very second, i own a 1.6 ecotec tigra, i really need a smaller engined car at the moment, so am looking to buy a corsa 1.2.
now, i put my universal 5inch backbox on my tigra and it could hardly be heard, apparently becuase the car has got a biggish silencer up the front. i once had the same backbox on my punto 1.2 and it sounded like a skyline!!
can anyone tell me before i go buying a corsa, if i would have the same problem as i have with my tigra?? many thanks people.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I had a rage 5" one on my old 1.2 corsa and it was loud.

·
Registered
166 Posts
what's wrong with rage?

to bad i can't get it anymore over here.. so DNX is my thing now..

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
They're cheap now. I paid £120 for mine long before everyman and his dog had them attached to their cars.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
if its too quite just take your center section out and replace it with some exhaust pipe.
or take it somewhere like power flow and they will do it for 90 quid i think it is, if u have your own backbox aswell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when you say newer corsas, im guessing you mean the corsa c? it'll be a corsa b that i get anyway, nothing newer than a 1998. now that you guys know this, whats the story now? will it be loud? is there a certain year / model that are louder than others? cheers guys.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Usually dependant on engine size. Personally I wouldn't recommend a 5" backbox as they look crap.
See these pictures of my old corsa before I put the kit on:

A Sportex 3-4" would be a good choice. You can also get an aftermarket sporty centre section off ebay for £60. Them two combined would definately give you the sound you want without the beancan look.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
that looked stupidly big! i just ordered a 3" sportex so maybe wait around an see what that looks like? tbh i wouldnt go any bigger then a 4"

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
LOL looks like big bit of guttering, yeah too big for a standard bumper

Smoke grey good colour :p Those wheels look real snug in the arches, looks good, how much was it lowered?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Not a clue, was meant to be 40mm but I think in the end it was 60mm (car was on 17s).
Loved that car but I think I made a few errors in the modding department.
Had 3 different exhaust before I sold it.
First one was a sebring 6x4 oval which I should have kept from the start.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts