All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One Sidelight not working - Corsa B

Hi,

Sorry to pose such a basic question :eek: but one of the sidelights has gone on my wifes Corsa B (S reg). I've done what I think is the obvious, I've changed the bulb, no joy and I've checked the fuse which looks fine. I've had a look around here and I couldn't see anything that's specific to this situation.

Is there anything else simple that I could try before we have to hand it over to a mechanic? Thanks in advance and sorry if this is the thousandth post on this subject!

Moggy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip and I'll give it a try in the morning. However I forgot to say I moved the original "blown" bulb to the other side and it works fine on that side.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
I'd like to help but being American I don't know what a dipped light is. Is that the city light?
Dipped lights is just referring to it not being on full beam; the state you have them in at night but with oncoming traffic. Full beam is when you whack them up for max visibility when no one else is around.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Craig55, thanks another good tip for the morning.

@Mibo, Sidelight/half light? does that help? Being a brit I don't know what a city light is I'm afraid! :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Dipped lights is just referring to it not being on full beam; the state you have them in at night but with oncoming traffic. Full beam is when you whack them up for max visibility when no one else is around.
God I feel so stupid. We call the low and high beam ok. Sounds like a connection bro leak in the connector

·
Registered
8,012 Posts

@Mibo, Sidelight/half light? does that help? Being a brit I don't know what a city light is I'm afraid! :)
Ahh, sidelights are another thing lol.

On the Corsa you have the small sidelight bulbs, then the larger bulb that is for dipped and full beam.

Which is it that's playing up?

·
Registered
590 Posts

Might I call a city light what y'all call a sidelight. It's the little light that turns on when you turn the switch before your dipped(low) beams

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All, sorry for the initial crap description. I've changed the title and wording of the original post to be more accurate.

@Nibnob21. Its a sidelight problem but there is only one bulb as far as I can tell?

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
On a Corsa B there is a small sidelight bulb that plugs into the side of the headlight cluster and should look something like this:

Then there is the main headlight bulb that is used for both dipped and main beam, and looks something like this:

·
Registered
590 Posts
I just recently replaced my sidelights. If you put it in one way and it doesn't work then flip it the other way as there is still a power and ground it has to connect to. When I put my sidelights in when I first put it in it didn't work so I rotate 180 degree and it worked

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gave it a look this morning and it's the sidelight that plugs into the cluster. So I've been changing the wrong bulb which is a bit stupid of me but hey, I'll know for next time. Anyone got any tips for getting at the passenger side sidelight? It looks pretty congested on that side and I can't see a way to even get a finger in there let alone a hand!

Thanks for all your patience and assistance!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts