All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above no pub philosophers please.
My daughter has a Corsa C with Z10XE 1.0litre three pot, complete pile of poo if you ask me but, i had to change the (timing end) front crank oil seal. It was spinning on the pulley shaft.
The second one has gone as well.
I had a cylinder head gasket and skim done a while ago and it has been losing a small amount of coolant recently.
Just wondering has anyone had crankcase pressurization as a result of leaking head gasket causing a similar issue?

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes you can have a head gasket leak from piston cylinder to oil way causing pressure in the crank case, compression testing the cylinders would help prove this one will be lower compression, also you can smell fuel in the oil or taste it (yuk)

but as you mention its losing a bit of water also the leak could have gone across the water ways as well are you getting milky emulsified oil on the oil filler cap

yours Colin

·
Registered
10 Posts
thinking about this some more, it would have to be a lot of pressure to pop a seal, normally you would just get oil coming out of the engine breather

the engine breather might be blocked though so its possible

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes i checked the breather and it is clear. No mayonnaise in the oil, no oil trace in water.
There is no obvious fuel in oil or tell tale gas smell in coolant. It is a bit strange and that's why i asked the question as i have tried the simplest diagnosis with no obvious route to go down but i don't know these engines.
I am going to fit another seal and give it a good spanking into position with a suitable drift. Maybe i haven't been brutal enough, which is unusual as i have a very good selection of BFH's :)

I will also do a compression test.
Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.