Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Well may I be the first......WTF????

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and the story behind it....
My friend, Billy F Gibbons is an artist. A music artist. You might know him from ZZ Top fame. But he is also a car guy too. Now, I have lots of friends who are car guys-in fact most of my friends are car guys. I like hanging out with car guys. They buy tires. And they like what I like. Billy plays a mean blues guitar, and has some outstanding rods and customs including famous icon cars like Kopperhead, CadZilla, and the famous Eliminator Coupe. Billy is a hot-rodder, but he is more than just a music artist, he is a car artist.

Recently he sent me pictures of one of his latest rolling art creations, which he calls a Bus Ball. I thought his creation looked pretty cool, but the more I looked at his newly completed "Bus Ball", the more I was bothered. So, I sent Billy a message to ask him the obvious question. Where's the dang tires? Really… a life long tire guy would surely ask that wouldn't ya think? So, Billy knowing I was funnin' him, responded that "the Coker skins [wide whites, of course], are stashed in the boot.! Sort of a James Bond arrangement where the tires unfold when required. By the way, the gas mileage is superb and the wind-resistance factor is greatly improved over the original design. "

I was satisfied. I was no longer worried that my friend Billy F Gibbons would do a car art thing (ok, ok… bus ball thing) without thinking of the wide whitewalls. Glad I got that straightened out.

·
Registered
696 Posts
anyone notice how little of the ball is actually on the ground? it must either weigh nothing or it simply doesnt exist

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
im unsure on this if theres pro photoshoping going on or not

ie as above it hardly or not touching the ground and the interior on the 2nd picture is very blurred.

also id liketo see pics of the wheels unfolded

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Still a WTF though, would make an "interesting" mode of transport, although you would be pretty dizzy afterwards lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
that's just cool :cool: , i dont think it's photoshoped becuse people build all sorts of crap nowadays so why not build a "VW bubble" :D

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Thats wicked, may be photoshop but even if it is, what a good idea lol!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Not much of it on the ground?

Put a tennisball in the table next to you, how much actually touches the table?
Answer, not alot.

It's a perfect sphere, not much is gonna touch the ground!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts