All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive ordered a new ECU for my car after the other one was F*cked from water damage.

The car has the same key chip and immobilizer ring.

So would this make sense.

"The immobilizer detects the keys chip and gives the ecu an 'OK' signal to start the engine. "

Or is it one of them where the key immobilizer and ECU all need coding to each other and is it possible on Opcom?

Cheers :)

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
The ECU, immobilizer transponder and the chip in the key area ll coded together.

If you've kept your original key and transponder, and are just replacing the ECU, then you'll need to recode the ECU to your existing immob code. As far as I'm aware OP-Come is not able to do this. It's a Tech2 job in a main dealer, and also you'll need your cars original security pass code for vauxhall to generate the immob codes from. If you don't have this they charge you roughly £25 to send off for the codes from GM.

It's expensive. Generally when you buy an ECU you make sure you buy one as a coded set, as in, buy an ECU, chip and transponder ring all together from the doner car.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ECU, immobilizer transponder and the chip in the key area ll coded together.

If you've kept your original key and transponder, and are just replacing the ECU, then you'll need to recode the ECU to your existing immob code. As far as I'm aware OP-Come is not able to do this. It's a Tech2 job in a main dealer, and also you'll need your cars original security pass code for vauxhall to generate the immob codes from. If you don't have this they charge you roughly £25 to send off for the codes from GM.

It's expensive. Generally when you buy an ECU you make sure you buy one as a coded set, as in, buy an ECU, chip and transponder ring all together from the doner car.
Ok thanks, ive spent the last week trying to find a set and so far ive found 1 set that was £100+ not worth spending on a car thats only worth 3 times that.

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
I wouldn't bother going to Vauxhall to get them coded then mate, lol Will be very way more than £100.

Perhaps try and find a semi-complete car in a scrappies that the scrappy men still have the keys for? Then nick the bits off it and take the chips out the keys. Would be cheaper that way.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Theres no scrap yards around here, trust me ive tried everywhere as I need my car for work!

Ive ordered an ECU, same one as mine so I will fiddle about with Opcom see if it can do anything, if not I guess its a trip to Vauxhall for a passcode :(

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
That's right, but the cars security code on its own is useless to you as I do not believe Op-Com is able to re-code ECU's. I'm fairly sure this is a Tech2 job. Which is a different diagnostic system, far more capable. The labour time/diagnostics cost etc for that will be a lot of money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.