All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Hope this is the right category. Here is my situation. The car has suffered a pretty bad accident, so many parts had to be fixed/replaced. Once that was done, the car won't start. The service light stays on all the time.

We had someone plug it into a computer and it showed an immobiliser error. After little investigation, I found that the immobiliser is located inside the ECU.

Can anyone advice where exactly is the ECU located, and possibly what should be done to reset or whatever to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi there, well as far as i know the ECU on most Corsa's is believe it or not on the engine, or manifold area, you cant miss it, its a box with a big multiplug on and a load of wires, but i think the immobilizer is incorporated in the BCM /Multi Timer, that is in the box next to the battery, that is held down by 7 torq screws, as far as i understand it the ignition key has a chip in the front half of it, when the key /chip is in close proximity of the pick up transducer on the lock mechanism it sends a signal to the multi timer which in turn sends a signal to the ECU, i believe to program it you need an OpCom unit, you can get them off ebay, but make sure you get a good one with the right software etc...

If in Doubt go to CORSA-C|UK Website and send a personal message to @opcomdiagnostics he will help you out....from Fred in Essex.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.