All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wanting to paint the inside of my headlights black so they look like smoked euro style headlights, like the one half way down this page

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=328125

i had a god at going round the edges of the glass with a stanley knife to cut the glue and then prising them open with a screw driver today, wich is what my mate did on his fezzie, but i faled and smashed the glass haha.
iv heard stories bout putting them in the oven and stuff but wasnt sure incase it melted the lights instead of the glue lol.

anyone else done this before to paint them or put halo's in them or whatever?
because i wana do it, it looks better than the ones you can buy off Ebay, and at a fraction of the price lol.
any help it welcomed :D

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
i know its off subject but... **** son them coilovers can lower to 110mm :O with the lights mate im not sure, just buy em lol you will only break them again ;)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Your better off using a hot air gun (paint stripper) and warm the headlight till the glue is soft enough to prize the light apart.

What exactly are you planning to do si? paint the inside of the glass?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i know what you mean just make sure you use somethinng abrasive on the outer part so the paint sticks better, this will be the same idea as the depo ones off ebay for £70 thats all they do.

d

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeye, well on the one i broke i managed to get internal bit out that i wanted to paint, and iv painted it, i just need to safly open another set to put them in haha.
does anyone what sort of head i should put it on? because i dont have a heat gun, so il try the oven, but not sure what heat or how long, and I dont wana melt the plastics in the process haha.
also thinking bout getin some wired in halos, 4 for 15 quid off ebay, and putting them i naswell, duno yet though....

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your better off using a hot air gun (paint stripper) and warm the headlight till the glue is soft enough to prize the light apart.

What exactly are you planning to do si? paint the inside of the glass?
no just paint the the chrome surround inside, and then if it doesn't ave a dark enough effect then il very lightly tint spray the glass, not much though, just enough for it to look nice and subtle :)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
there nice when there done i done a set for my last corsa but the car i have just now has 2 brand new vauxhall headlights so ill wait till i get some spares before i do it again

d

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there nice when there done i done a set for my last corsa but the car i have just now has 2 brand new vauxhall headlights so ill wait till i get some spares before i do it again

d
yeh i got spares to do it with, kinda lucky realy since iv alredi ****ed one of them up lol.

iv been told to stick em in oven at 80 degrees for 3 or 4 mins and then they should come straight appart so iv been told.

they look ace when their done, i cant wait to get them fineshed :D

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cheers bud, il make a fresh start on a new pair after new year and that, be reli careful this time so i dont break the glass again haha.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts