All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i purchased "the van" about a month ago with 10 months mot & 6 months tax for £400. 153k on the clock, standard delco cd player, seperation cage behind seats, central locking & a tow bar. Its in good condition inside & mechanically but the exterior needed some attention. Its supposed to be red but has turned pink, front bumper is cracked & has spot lamps on it RALLY STYLE!!!!:eek: I wasnt going to bother with it as its just for going to work & back & taking the mutts down the marsh. I thought if it gets vandalised & broke in to i wont be too bothered. However people at work keep asking me if i found it in a ****:mad: so ive decided to restore it to its former glory:cool:
Ive already sprayed the rear bumper & rear arches as they always fade. I have a new front bumper that i have to spray as well as the front arches & i also have a set of cavvy steelies which im spraying black too. Then a full T-cut & she'll be looking the business:thumbs_up:
So i'll be posting my progress every weekend.
So far......................

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Yup T-Cut and then Autoglym polish will make it come up like brand new. Not sure about the spotlights though! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Guess so but they just huge lol yeh agree with badges...vauxhall, corsa an LS badges gotta go along with the tiny bump strips that come on LS models. Will freshen the whole van up :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, i said the lamps were rally stylee:laugh:
Ive got a new standard bumper all ready to be sprayed.
I wasnt going to de-badge because ive got a thing for things looking
standard in my old age but i love to fiddle so i think i just might replace
rear badges with the crome style ones & remove bump strips after all it doesnt cost anything to remove;)
I also didnt back to black my bumpers & arches, i sprayed 3 coats of a plastic-paint bonder which allows paint to move & stretch, then sprayed with a run free black spray so you dont get any flaking only factory fresh bumpers:thumbs_up:
Thanks for all your input guys, watch this space to see results :cool:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I actually like the chrome badges which is why I havent debadged my own. Think they look quite good. If your replacing with those ones then should look just as good. Would still remove LS badges and bump strips though :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think a set of new number plates will freshen it up too. I think i might be fairly busy this weekend :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I think a set of new number plates will freshen it up too. I think i might be fairly busy this weekend :rolleyes:
Yeah its amazing how much difference new number plates make to a car :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Wow, i havent posted on this thread for over a year but ive been busy with day to day life!!!!
Just an update on the van really!
Obviously it was never planned to be an award winning show car but the tidying up has been steady!
Ive put a set of German plates on,
Gave it a brief T-cut, No polish:( IN A YEAR, SHOCKING:eek:
Uprated the front speakers to JVC 190 watt 2 way's.
Ive purchased a 1000 watt FLI 12" Active sub woofer
& a Ripspeed DVD DV720 Touchscreen single DIN with 7" screen to go in but not yet fitted.
I have also purchased some Cav Slabs for a giveaway price which are in S*H*I*T*E condition but thanks to the tutorial on here im refurbing myself in Gloss Black!
Also got a GSI bumper to go on which im going to spray black aswell.
Future plans are a pair of 60mm rear lowering springs & 40mm up front.
Should be looking pretty Old Skool in a few months time, will be posting up pics as soon as :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Here are some pics of uprated speakers & prepping the slabs.....

OEM speakers

New JVC 190 Watt 2 way's

Lurking........

Rubbed down Cav slab

And again but closer

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an update on the rear end. Gsi front bumper soon to go once its sprayed black & the slabs are nearly finished. Also i have got a Steinmetz font grill & some 60/40mm lowering springs. Ive kept all the original badges on it as ive just purchased a redtop so once ive got the conversion kit it will be fitted over the winter months.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's one of the slabs that ive refurbed myself. Not the best job in the world but its only set me back £20 for materials so im happy.
Please ignore the over spray on the tyres, i didnt mask them because they are the wrong size tyre & they are only fit for the bin!!!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Did you flat the wheels down as the finish looks rough?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers Steve ;)

Lee, yeah i did flat them down but the reason why it as an uneven finish is because the paint & rust remover wheel that i bought took a little more than that. I pressed a liitle too hard & took some of the alloy off in places hence the rough look. Im not bothered though as i wanted to do them as cheap as possible as my van is not intended to be a show car, its rat so i thought i would keep the theme going :D
They look ok though & even better from a distance :eek:
Got to be better than the trims :thumbs_up:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts