All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wen breaking on my corsa b on a v plate a little light comes on its orange with a funny shape on it it only happens wen i breake and not any other time wot could this be please help

·
Registered
611 Posts
any chance you could take a picture of said light? there's quite a few orange lights. not meaning to be rude there but not much we can do if we dont know which light

·
Registered
611 Posts
since you said orange light:
check the link mentioned by Josh

5 - ABS (anti-lock breaking system), would make sense considering you said it happens when you're braking. have it checked out by a mechanic
6 - Fog Lights - if flashing when you brake, probably a loose wire somewhere
12 - Engine Management Light - basically the computer in the engine, not a good thing if this is starting to go, see a mechanic

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
paper clip seems to complicated to me ill probably f**k my car up
sara wot was your problem?

·
Registered
611 Posts
she got a new engine/car :laugh:

windsor, a similar thing happened the other day to my friend after i installed a new headunit, amp and sub in his car, whenever he was slowing down for a junction or in traffic, the light would come on and the car would try and stall... i took the headunit out (to finish the wiring at the back) and it seemed to stop doing it afterwards and all i did was reposition the wiring behind the headunit..... maybe just a loose wire somewhere?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Mite be a silly qestion but if it only comes on when you break,

have you cheaked the pads and drums?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
deamon no
kenny thinking about it know i might ov started wen i put my cd player in i will check in the morning wen i finish work

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
There just pi**y little wires,

they always come apart if the last guy that did

your breaks didn't secure them.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
deamon no
kenny thinking about it know i might ov started wen i put my cd player in i will check in the morning wen i finish work
ill take it to vaux in the morning to see wot they say
Please don't use text talk - against forum rules.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
thats the handbrake/brake light though, well the little red light came on when fluid was bit low.

·
Registered
611 Posts
well, i've been speaking to 3 different people in the last few days who have had to put their cars into a garage recently with engine management problems.... guess what, all 3 had just put a new headunit in. one of them drives a clio and the garage want £154 for finding and fixing the fault and that all it was, headunit was pulling on a wire

take the headunit out, push all the wires back and as far as you can (and check that there are no wires that seem too tight) and see if it still does it. reasoning behind this would be that when ur breaking, the headunit moves forward a tiny bit and in doing so, its moving a wire that is resulting in a fault being sent to the engine management

too much of a coincidence i reckon :D give it a try mate and see how u get on

1 - 18 of 18 Posts