All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well TBH my car hasn't been running particularly well recently, making few odd noises that weren't there when i got it and so on, so i decided what with an MOT coming up in October to get it serviced now while i have some money.

Dropped the car off on Monday morning and the mechanic said he would get back to me later if there were any problem.

Got a call at about lunchtime, unfortunately the call stared with a deep intake of breath on the part of the mechanic. "ive got a bit of a list" he said, as you can imagine my heart started to sink.

So heres the list:
The basic service parts, new filters etc...
New front discs and pads
New near side front wheel bearing
New near side front hub as when they were taking the wheel off they found that some of the threads had started to get striped out and one wheel bolt broke off (my fault for over tightening i think)
Both rear wheel bearings noisy
Alternator noisy
Rear break cylinder starting to leak
Exhaust blowing at manifold
No anti-freeze in coolant system
Rear wiper split
Horn not connected

"So not much then" i said in a sarcastic way, so ive got the front breaks done and a new front hub just to get the car road worthy, and im gonna get the rest done when i get some more money.

All in all got the car back today and handed over £530.64

Gutted is all i can say :shocked:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Ha, my MOT was about 600 too! Dont worry about it just forget it lol elast you know ya car's all sorted and safe mate

I had to have pretty similair bits to mine... servicing it myself with a friend who is a mechanic next time.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well im planning to do the rear wheel bearings myself, that shouldn't be too bad, plus the guy at the garage said he can get me all the parts i need if i want to do any of it myself. So not too bad really, cars still on the road i suppose :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dont think its too hard from the looks of it in the haynes manual, may have to get one of my mates there for moral support and to hold tools and things LOL :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everything i say seems to be coming out wrong today, i meant like the parts as i take them apart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts