All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

The reason Im posting is because we are excited but no one else is for us because at our age everyone around us has been driving for years, but due to long term ill health and other things it hasnt been our top priority. BUT now one of us can drive we bought our first car and want to share our excitement even if its nothing fancy like most of you wil have :thumbs_up:

Not sure if this is in the right section. Hubby and I have just bought our first car! (Poppy). He's just passed his test at the ripe age of 34! I don't drive but shes still my car as well, in fact Ive been buying her more accessories than he has! :laugh: Neither of us know much about cars but are learning fast!

We don't plan on LED lights on anything so fancy but want to make her look smart, although are on a limited budget for the time being.

She is a 2002 Corsa comfort. 1.0l. in Red. 5 Door. 104,000 miles on the clock. Only had 1 pervious owner, an old couple, full service history from 2002 to now. Immaculate inside and out.

Only thing they have warned us about is when they have gone on long journeys to the seaside is for an hour or so after she has a slow oil leak for a day, then it stops, this shows on last 2 mots. But im not worried about that. Had new time chain (think thats what you call them) 2 years ago. Also a brand new battery just before we got her.

We paid £800 for her. I know her mileage is on the high side but I hope we got a good deal.

Workwise for now:

She had a tape player. So i bought her this: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_808755_langId_-1_categoryId_165474

Only things inside which had general wear and tear were the gear and handbreak gaiter so i bought new ones from ebay, not fitted them yet though.

Also had my 2 keys revamped as both were very worn.

NEXT thing is new wheel trims as all 4 are very scuffed and worn. Ive looked at a few on ebay but the ones i like will show too much of the underneath and i think there is a look of wheel underneath on this model corsa if that makes sense, so cant get the spoke trims which i like.

Here is the photos of my car (before the cd player went in)

Bad cat!

Any tips on trims?? or if you like her, think we got a good deal, dont thinks we did, any tips on what we could do to improve her but at a basic level let me know?!

Thanks for reading :banana:

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Welcome to AC! You sound like me when i got my first corsa all excited lol! Glad to see someone who appreciates their car!

Reactions: Poppy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the current wheel trim, Ignore dirty tire, been snowing and muddy slush.

I was looking at spoke type trims love these 2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170976043793?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121068223744?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

but think there is too much silver underneath the trim showing (odd tiny bit of rust as well) the only gaps I can see underneath is like circles?.
So was wondering about these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261083126094?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 (obviously in 14")

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111010439612?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

:confused:

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
You not thought about some alloy wheels?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Can pick up Corsa c sxi alloys, that come standard on some models of the Corsa c, fit straight on; and pretty cheap as common

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Can pick up Corsa c sxi alloys, that come standard on some models of the Corsa c, fit straight on; and pretty cheap as common
^^ this is what i was going to suggest, dont be blushing about not affording any either. not many people can these days!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I will keep my eyes out for some in a few months when ive got my holiday paid off. Will be worth it to make it look better :) For now it will have to be cheap and cheerful trims, anything will look better than the worn trims she has on now im sure. Thanks again for replying :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^ this is what i was going to suggest, dont be blushing about not affording any either. not many people can these days!
I think it will be the first thing on my list after the holiday is paid off. Buying a car and booking a holiday in 1 month sort of killed our bank balance :laugh: For now I will just get some cheap trims. Do you recommend any for a few months?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New gear and handbrake gaiter is on, just plain black leather but nice quality, others were worn, small things makes a big difference don't they! :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Being it's red, wouldn't mind seeing the progress of this. A picture or two every now and then is nice -_-

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Being it's red, wouldn't mind seeing the progress of this. A picture or two every now and then is nice -_-
You mean as you expect it to go the usual pink? We weve bought autogylm products to help protect it. Wont 100% stop it happening BUT will slow that process down hopefully.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I think it's because he too has a Flame red car, although it's a 3dr Corsa B

·
Registered
398 Posts
Awesome. And I have a flame red car, but my paintwork needs a lot of restoration. Just no idea how to do it (haven't researched yet) and no time :/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts