All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
has anyone else heard some outrageous claims about bhp and engine mods?

was chatting the other day and a guy claims he bored out this 1.4 to a V6

and have been laughing about it ever since.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Was he being serious?

For outrageous claims see ebay where it is claimed a computer fan can boost your bhp by upto 200bhp.
That's just one of the fine examples.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
A lad i know reckoned his 50cc could do 90mph standard lol :laugh: he was completely serious which made me laugh.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah very serious,

and also pointed to his fuel filter and said that it was his secret weapon in

his "sleeper" as he was trying to convice his friends he was the daddy.

·
Registered
611 Posts
dont you all know that every sticker on a car adds 5bhp?? :laugh:

seen a corsa the other day, had 2.0 16v turbo badges... its a 1.2 and the guy only ever opens the bonnet when nobody else is around :laugh:

·
Registered
143 Posts
this ****** thinks he is correct.

stolen off another site

he wrote

''I agree with your point, but the car is a little quicker than the standard SXi and so I felt the SRi badges were appropriate. It only carries 1 person, Me. It has no extra weight in the car, all glove compartments, cubby holes and the boot is empty. The rear exhaust may or may not add power. It has only ever run on Optimax, I know you get more boost out if this fuel on bigger engined cars but every little helps. The tyres are always inflated to 38 PSI to give extra grip and less tyre slouch. Often I put the rear seats flat, this reduces weight. (Like why you crawl flat across a frozen pond so as not to break the ice). I regularly drive with around £10 of fuel, again weight saving, and often I use engine cleaner in the fuel load to remove debris from the fuel injectors. The car is always clean improving aerodynamic progress. I have timed the 0 - 60 at 9.3 seconds, and this shaves a couple of seconds off the standard time. Hope this answers your question.''

·
Registered
611 Posts
Often I put the rear seats flat, this reduces weight. (Like why you crawl flat across a frozen pond so as not to break the ice).
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
doesnt reduce the weight on ice, just spreads it out because there's more surface area in contact with the ice. with cars, there's 4 tyres on the ground and that doesnt change. as for the tyres @ 38psi... he's f****d if the police stop him, 3points per tyre! :laugh: :laugh:

can i have a link to this please???

·
Registered
611 Posts
my point exactly... another "braniac" who interprets information how he wishes and cant understand it :laugh:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The tyres are always inflated to 38 PSI to give extra grip and less tyre slouch.
i think a tyre with 20 psi would have more grip.:shocked:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Thats the thread i was looking for! i was stunned by it :laugh: think there was a thread on here about it and it went on for ages

1 - 20 of 42 Posts