All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone this is my 1st time I have been on here. And my problem is I replaced the CTS yesterday due to it not starting when warmed unless accelerator is pressed and running way to rich. Petrol station thought I was running a v8 with the amount of petrol I was getting through. Anyway when I changed the cts it made a big diffrence took it for a long run an it did over 50 on less than quarter of a tank. But I noticed the temp shot rite up an the fan aint kicking in were before I changed cts it worked fine. I have looked at fuse and relay look at connectors an checked loom for earthing please help as need car for work no car no money:palm:

·
Banned
885 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

There are a couple of points here that are worth a mention.
1) If your new sensor was NOT a genuine GM (Vauxhall) part, this may well account for the problem, as some leave a lot to be desired.
Could it be that your fan switch didn't turn on the fan 'till late previously?, if so, you may have a duff switch.

2) These engines don't like the coolant being put in too quickly. - Now that you have had the temperature right up, have you tried SLOWLY adding more coolant ? (if the level has fallen, that is)

The problem with putting coolant in quickly, is that it can cause air locks and it MAY be this that is causing the trouble.

Don't forget, that it is the thermostat that controls engine temperature, so it might also be worth checking that the engine really IS as hot as the gauge is telling you. - again, the thermostat can only work if it is surrounded by coolant, so, if there is a big air-lock in that area , it may not be opening.

The above are all possibilities, and NOT definitive answers to your question.

Regards

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Probably air lock, created when you removed switch and air got in system

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.