1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Always. Never had any issues.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Ive done it all my life never had any problems .... untill about 6 months a go, my phone thinks its on charge when its not, and comes up with a message 'Voltage too high, charging paused' A new battery solved this, but now its doing it again.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Every night religiously.

Think everybody does..

Unless you have time in the day to wait for it to charge fully

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Can't damage the phone itself. However I always whenever I get a new phone/battery charge it for 16 hours minimum then do whatever I can/want with battery life as it's good after that.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Pretty sure once its charged or just switches over to a trickle charge rather than the full charge . So it shouldn't damage it unless the charger is buggered also I leave mine on charge all night

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pretty sure once its charged or just switches over to a trickle charge rather than the full charge . So it shouldn't damage it unless the charger is buggered also I leave mine on charge all night
I always thought it reached a cut out point then when the phone started to use battery it would start again

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
I charge mine overnight. If I use it in the night, while plugged in, an app on my phone shows that it's using power from the socket as opposed to the battery.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think it will depend on the phone. I have an iPhone and I know when it's at 100% it will just trickle charge and run of the mains. Had one for 2 years, not a single problem and charged every night.

If it's a lithium-ion battery, which most phones are now, you're recommended to do a full charge; from 0-20% to a full 100% charge every month. Extends the life and health apparently. I end up doing that every night because iPhones drain their batteries lol

·
Registered
305 Posts
Mine usually stops when full. As for phone thinking it's charging when not, may have damaged the socket or has muck in there. Can happen and also similar issues where phone thinks it's on car dock when its not. I believe all phone batteries are designed now to be topped up all the time rather than emptying and full charging. Depends on batt type and you can find out but it's a common myth to always run them flat.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Only on old phones it might, as with some batteries over charging it can decrease the battery life if it goes on long enough it sort of "gets a routine" and will think its life is shorter than it actually is.. Or so I'm told.

Imo I charge it every night religiously. Once or twice a week I let it die flat dead (it does this about 6 other times of its own accord). And I've not lost a second of battery life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts